21

A large building full of countless books sitting upon dusty shelves. The walls decorated with historic artifacts; clocks, paintings, scripts, etc. Behind these decorations was a background of forrest green with a brown, wooden trim reaching the bottom. Upon the high ceiling, dead in the center, was a large chandelier that helped light whole room, skylights and windows revealing the outdoor sunlight assisted in doing that as well. The floor was made of smooth, dark oak wood and had royal blue carpets running down the aisles that contained the books. It was a beautiful library.

Sitting at a small, rounded, glass table was Mikaela Shindo. He was ironically reading a book containing stories of mythical creatures as he was waiting for his beloved to meet him there. It had unfortunately been a few days since they last visited each other. Yuu was weirdly unavailable over the weekend and Mika had some private business to take care of Monday, leading him to miss school. Meaning that it was now Tuesday evening. It was noticeable that Yuu had avoided Mika earlier at school today and when he didn't even bother to sit with him at lunch, he grew suspicious. This confused the boy of blonde hair, but he was confident to get to the bottom of it. No matter what it took, he refused to lose his precious Yuu.

Slam.

Straight in front of him, aggressively forced onto the table was that familiar cracked phone of Yuu's. However, appearing on the screen was an oh-so-familiar photo. Maria. Ah, this must've been what caused the division between the two.

"Who is she?"

"Look at the date."

"WHO IS SHE, MIKA?!"

Mikaela sighed, becoming bothered that this was a topic of discussion. He'd prefer to not speak of his past relations with Yuu, but perhaps it's his fault for forgetting to remove that picture. It was from a while ago, though, and if Yuu could realize that then it'd all be okay.

Yuu wouldn't even sit. Evidently, he was enraged and ansty, not possessing one calm bone in his body in this moment. After days of sulking, he took the route of anger. He didn't like the image of Mikaela being with someone else. He thought that he belonged to Mika and Mika belonged to him. Was that not the agreement? Or was this just about blood?

"Wait... are you jealous, Yuu-chan?" Mika decided to tease and snickered when the others face flushed red. He knew that would get to him. He was positive that Yuu liked him. Perhaps, the easy way out of this was to poke some fun at the subject.  "It's not like we're dating~, I can kiss girls on the cheek if I want to."

This set Yuu off the rails. His whole body was steaming, fueled by embarrassment and anger. And, Mika knew what he was doing, he knew the game he was playing. However, he did not expect what happened next. With the collar to his school uniform being grab and balled in Yuichiro's hands, that pair of pink lips clashed against his with no hesitation.

Yuichiro was kissing him.

It didn't take long for the kiss to go from aggressive to passionate, deep, and loving. The spark from it, the feeling of those soft lips Mika had and the taste of him, it all just felt right. But, Yuu had to pull himself away. He was getting too carried away.

Flustered and full of emotions, the ravenette spun on his heels quickly and darted out of the library, leaving his phone and Mikaela behind.

Yuu ran as far as he could get, warm tears flying out of his eyes and the gusts of wind hitting his forehead. His nose and cheeks felt cold from the wintery air, stained pink from either the chill or the embarrassment. Soon enough, the boy found himself in a park that appeared empty and that's where he stopped, right beside a frozen pond and dead trees surrounding him. He panted with his hands on his knees, crouched over, and slowly those pants developed into sobs. His heart was racing and he couldn't tell if it was from the event that just happened or the exercise that he just put himself through. Either way, both mentally and physically, he felt awful.

"Yuu?"

Looking up, Yuu's cries came to an immediate holt. The face before him was unexpected, giving him a gut-wrenching ache. How was it that of all people, the one he wanted to see the least was here? Why couldn't it be Mika? the hero who was suppose to save the day.

"K-Kimizuki? What are you... doing here?" he choked out and tried to muster himself back up, trying to seem stronger than he was. He tried to pretend that he wasn't crying, nonchalantly wiping the tears away. He couldn't allow to see his nemesis see him in this state.

"It's a public park," Chuckled Kimizuki, but seemed to have a change of heart when he saw the smaller of the two appearing anguished. He put a hand on Yuu's frail shoulder, shooting a friendly smile. "Yuu, let's just put aside our differences for today... what's the matter?"

And Yuu wasn't sure if it was because of his emotional condition or what, but this made him let go of their feud and he bursted straight back into tears, lunging forward and wrapping his arms around Kimizuki tightly. It caused the salmon-haired boy to stumble back in surprise, but he reluctantly hugged back. They didn't say anything, just hugged.

It was cold, though, and Kimizuki was able to feel shivers from Yuichiro's body shuddering against his. Having doubled up today, the taller of the two took off his coat and wrapped it around Yuu, who remained hugging him. This left him in just a jacket now, but he wasn't too burdened by that. He was more-so worried about what got Yuu to this point, he was so used to seeing him all tough-guy and annoying. 

Sitting back at the Library, Mika was breathless and in awe. There's no way he could be falling for this human, right? The kiss was indescribably amazing to him and he wanted more. He wanted to soak up every inch of Yuichiro and explore his wonders. This wasn't just about his blood anymore. Mika felt himself becoming obsessed with the boy. That's why, moments after regaining his composure, the vampire stood and slid Yuichiro's phone into his pocket, walking to the front desk to check his book out. He left immediately after that and started his way to find Yuu, predicting which direction the boy had left in. He was surprised, however, when he reached a park and saw his Yuu hugging another guy in the distance.

Jealousy, fury, craze, those emotions were not enough to amount to the raging bursts that he was feeling from this view between two trees he stood among. Those blue eyes faded straight to red and he was trying his best to hold himself back. Fingers gripping the palm of his hands as they balled them into fists, fangs poking between his lips and body warming, he was ready to attack. Just as he began to take a step in their direction, though, a sharp and intoxicating object had pricked into his body. He immediately looked behind him to a recognizable group of men, one in the middle holding a dart gun.

"It couldn't be..." he hissed out before collapsing, everything going black as he lost it consciousness before being able to retaliate.

*

That evening, Kimizuki walked Yuu home and sat at the edge of his bed until the ravenette was fast asleep. He knew from Yoichi of Yuu's past incidents and habits and he secretly wanted to be there for him. No one was allowed to know that, though.

With snores giving him confirmation, he made the decision to leave, quietly shutting the doors and saying quick 'goodbyes' to one of the maids that worked there. He'd made sure to grab his coat, too, getting a good look behind at Yuu's bedroom door before leaving.

Once enemies, now... friends?