14

A fateful meeting.

Yuu walked alongside his father on the cloudy morning in early December. His virdescent eyes were hazed with fatigue; being awake this early was unfortunately not his forte. He hadn't got much sleep during the nightfall, thoughts on his curiousity to Mikaela and desire to find out more about him.

The two entered a building of massive structures, porcelain pillars left behind them on the porch to the large palace.

"What is this place?" Questioned Yuichiro, walking across the foyer with an expression of intrigue. He was unfamiliar with the area and it was quite sad, considering it involved a huge part in his life that was unspoken of.

"A place that holds much value to our family." Guren answered as he led the boy through the building, walking into an elevator with him and hitting the button that took them to the lowest floor; the basement. "Yuichiro, it's time that you learn more about my organization."

"Huh?"

The elevator fell in silence, nervous fiddles from Yuu's fingers making slight sounds every often. It was so quiet that when Guren spoke a moment later, the young one jumped at the noise.

His lavender eyes were peering at the floor, seriousness lingering in them. This place was no nirvana, it seemed. There was something dark and eery about it. "Yuu, things you'll see today... They'll be different. But, I need you to just quietly observe it all. Do not freak out and cause any disturbances."

Just what was this?

Yuichiro was in mere complexity after those words, his nerves growing but he sought to find out more. Staying silent would no doubt be a struggle for him, but to find out the importance of this place, he may just have to.

The two wide, iron doors parted ways following a loud ding that rung in the small boxed room. Behind them was an empty grey hall, dimmed by circular lights on the ceiling. It was unsettling, sounds of only their footsteps being heard once out walking in it.

Guren was in front of Yuu, is posture fixed perfectly along with his walk. His sophistication was more than admirable; it left his son inspired to be better.

They entered an office-type room, containing not many items; only a tidied desk and a few chairs.  Guren went over to the closet in it and pulled out two white-lab coats, handing one to Yuu and putting the other one on.

"The hell is this?" Asked the teenager, putting it on and finding it a little large on himself. He rolled up the sleeves while questioning in a mutter, "Are you an evil scientist or some shit? 'Cause, that'd make a lot of sense if you were."

Guren scowled at him and grabbed a clipboard that lied on the desk, looking it over before leading Yuu out of the room and back into the hall without saying a single word.

This only caused Yuu to pout and be more disrespectful, muttering insulting things as they walked like, "This place is dull and grey, but it reminds me a lot of your constant mood." And, "If this place gets passed down to me when you die, Imma at least add some more colour and excitement to it."

He was being quite the little shit and Guren was beginning to regret bringing him there.

"You're being a pest," The man spoke with a sigh, looking down at his clipboard once again then making a turn in the hall to one full of many doors labled with numbers. "I would really appreciate it if you'd be silent now. We're entering the chamber of danger."

Yuu bursted out in laughter at the name, mocking his father so daringly.  "Chamber of danger? What a ridiculous name." He said in the isolated hall, thinking his dad was so hilarious for that.