22

An echoing sound of water dripping roamed throughout the walls of a wide, vacant hallway. Dim lights upon the ceiling lit this hall made of white, concrete walls and tiled floor. There were doors made of steel for each room in this seemingly never ending tunnel of sorts. Quietly locked away in one of these cell-like rooms was none other than Mikaela. After a lonesome wakening from a deep slumber many days ago, he's been trapped in this room without any contact and had no explanation, although he had a rough idea of what could be going on; the vampire hunters.

He would lay and recall the dart that had entered into his body a few days prior and seeing the figures of the men who had done this. Surely, he had to have been followed by them, he was just so focused on his Yuu that he didn't notice. And that's what he'd ponder on, days upon days. His precious Yuu, with that oh-so-strange man comforting him.

The palm of his hand remained blood-stained, scars from where his fingernails would dig into it were vivid. His eyes colored in red and drooped with dark shadows circling around them, while his skin was paler than usual, and his curly hair very much messy. The surface of his lips no longer had its soft and smooth touch, being replaced with chapped and bitten shavings. It wasn't just his physical shape that was deteriorating, either, mentally he was far worse. Between the hunger and isolation, this vampire was in a desperate state of planning an escape. He needed to find Yuu.

A sudden and loud crash into the door of his small cell caused Mikaela to snap out of his deep thoughts. Chatters were shushed and this caused confusion to the ear-sensitive male, not making sense of the words on the other side of the concrete wall. He stood from where he sat on the sturdy, thin bed, and put his delicate ear against the door.

Silence.

"Huh... is this my new realty?" Asked in a shaking, quiet voice, passing it off as though there was a fight of sorts breaking out. The vampire stumbled backward, stomach aching and ears ringing. He felt starved, he'd need to feed soon. It was causing desperation, combining his brief injury as well as going days without consuming any blood, he could feel the hunger clawing at him.

As if on cue, the door to his cell opened, revealing that much familiar face of his beloved's father. Mikaela's eyebrows narrowed in wariness, knuckles clenched together as Guren entered the room with full confidence. He restrained himself from launching at him, knowing just well that it wouldn't end well for either of them.

"You... what the hell do you want?" Angrily muttered the male of blonde hair, watching as the other took a seat at the chair across from his bed, one leg folding neatly over the other.

Guren exposed a deep breath, those hazy purple eyes luring onto the vampire who his son had became obsessed with recently. "What are your intentions with my son?"

Dumbfounded, Mika voiced out a grunt of annoyance. "Is that what this is about?! You couldn't have just sat me down at your home for a glass of tea?!" He couldn't believe the nerve of this man; abducting him just to lecture him about Yuu?! And at this timing, of all?! It was uncalled for.

"It's not that simple," Guren pressed, his pair of veiny, strong hands cupping onto the cap of his clothed knee. He contained a blank expression, his objective unclear amongst the other. He continued on with a straight-face, pertaining eye contact against the other, "In my fair opinion, Mikaela, I don't believe you have any positive impact on Yuu and he can't seem to understand that you indeed have your wrong doings... That's why i'm taking matters into my own hands."

Augmented in anger, Mika lunged forward with no ounce of hesitation, his eyes masked of a pure, red rage. He aggressively pinned his so-called elder onto the ground of this depressive cell-room, causing purple bruises to develop onto Guren's gripped wrists. "You will not take him away from me!" He hollered with an oncoming sharp breath, unable to control the strength of his body in the desperate state its been contained in.
But, Guren simply laughed without mistake, allowing himself to be harmed. He understood the intensity of Mika's emotions, however he contained a higher power. A pinch to the back, Mika tipped off of the man, the side of his body colliding onto the ground, his vision once more hazing.