18

School the next day was pretty alright. Yuu had gotten there on time, no scares of being late or anything. His classes were actually interesting, as well, and that's probably due to his new-found motivation to succeed.

He felt full of high-hopes; finally, he was getting to a place of feeling content in his life. His relationship with his father was better, he had the excitement of Mika's interest in him, and his friends seemed proud of him. On top of it all, he was now one year clean from his addiction of drinking, which may not matter to most, but he was happy about it.

"Boo!"

Flinching and jumping out of his spot, Yuu let out a screech and turned to whoever was grasping onto his shoulders in a scare.

"Mika!" He whacked his arm and laughed, shaking his head at the boy, "Don't do that! I was reading." He gestured towards his book to prove that, although he really was just spaced out in his thoughts.

Mikaela smiled softly and grabbed Yuu by his waist, pulling him close. This physical contact caused the smaller of the two to blush, his raven hair swiftly moving with the pull.

"I think that," Mika started, moving in close toward Yuu's lips and whispering, "we need to have a celebration~."

"A-a celebration? But... for what?" Yuu acted clueless, heart racing in anticipation at Mika's idea and bold actions. This was the first time someone mentioned anything that could possibly relate to his one year anniversary of being clean. It made him feel important.

"I heard that you've been clean for one year. That's a big deal and we need to celebrate." Mika stated, pulling away and closing Yuu's book. He picked it up and patted the humans head with it. "Unless if you just wanna be bored and read all the time. So unlike you. Let's have fun!"

"Eh?? okay, fine. But stop hitting my head with that!" Yuu ripped the book from Mika's hands and hit his shoulder with it, laughing. In which the blonde rolled his eyes in return, turning around.

"Come on, let's go you silly goose."

"Silly goose?! I beg your pardon!"

Mika laughed and replied, "Just come."

The boys arrived at a casual diner, sitting down across from one another in a booth farthest from everyone else. Both scanning through their menus, Mika secretly would glance up at Yuu on occasion, smiling at the way he would bite his lip when trying to decide on what to order.

Yuu was too oblivious to acknowledge Mika's adoration towards him. He was too focused on what he should order. He wanted something light, but was that the proper way to celebrate? Waffles sounded very delicious to him... or maybe a strawberry milkshake... they had chicken nuggets on the menu. He was at a conflict now.

Mika sat down his menu and rested his head in the palm of his hand, staring intently at Yuu. "Do you know what you want yet?"

"Everything."

"Hm?"

"I can't decide!"

The vampire sighed softly and made Yuu put his menu down, giving him a suggestion, "I think you should get chicken nuggets with a side of fries, and we can share a milkshake."

It was like he read his mind. Yuu was dumbfounded. He nodded and pushed the menu aside. "Then it is decided. Nuggets will conquer!"