23

It was the start of the early morning. Birds chirping out the window, deer scattered amongst the large fields of land and forrest in the neighborhood of the Ichinose household. Fog reached the windows outside of the second floor, giving a look of mist and shadows. Yuu was seen walking in, wishing one of the early maids a good morning as he entered through the front door, her questioning why he was out so early, in which his response murmured an excuse of taking a morning walk. She didn't question further after that and proceeded onto her tasks, leaving the male to head up the stairs and to his bedroom. He locked his door and plopped onto his bed, exhausted from having been out and about so late. He knew he needed to figure out the situation with Mika, though. Was his father holding him prison? Has somebody else gotten a hold of him? It was no longer a case of Mika having nothing to do with Yuichiro anymore, it was more of a case that something bad has happened to Mika, and Yuu was bound and determined to save him.

But, as he lied down upon that king-sized bed and contemplated a gameplan for his beloveds rescue, he passed out cold, groaning out raspy snores and soft murmurs of incomprehensive words. His feet hung off the side of the bed without bother and his slim arm draped across his furrowed forehead. He was all lights out and it was proven so when the door to his bedroom suddenly opened a few moments later, it being his father.

Guren approached his sleeping son and chuckled quietly at the state of innocence the usually-rowdy teenager was in. He tucked Yuu in that morning, carefully removing those worn-out, black and white converse sneakers the boy refused to part ways with and moving his cool feet onto the large mattress. Guren really cared about this kid and that's why he had to compromise the partnership with that blood-sucker and him; he was devoted to keep Yuu safe. If only he was aware that he didn't save his son, in fact, he merely destroyed the remnants of their relationship.

His lips formed into a tight line and the man gave Yuu a gentle pat on his folded knee before exiting the room, heading off to work for the day as his son headed to bed for the day. Today was the day to make arrangements for Mika's departure to a different facility. It would be too dangerous for him to remain at the Moon Demon Company headquarters.

Later that day, in fact that evening, Yuichiro awoke from his deep slumber with an aching head and runny nose. Perhaps the nap put a damper on his well-being; but, this didn't matter. He had wasted precious time that could've been used to aid in his plan for Mika. With a quiet grunt, the boy forced himself out of bed and went straight to his wardrobe, changing into an outfit of all black. He was fully committing to this rescue, sporting a dark trench coat along with his tight black jeans and a plain shirt.

There was a strong gut feeling for the boy that Mika was being held prisoner by his father, Guren. It was his only 'lead' currently and his heart was aiming in that theory. It wouldn't hurt to check out, what's the worst that could happen if he formed an escape plan for a prisoner that wasn't there?

But, just as he was about to walk out his chilly, unlit bedroom, his phone began to go off in vibrations from the inside of his pocket. This startled the teenager, but he reluctantly pulled it out and saw the familiar name of his bestfriend light the screen. Huh. With the slide of his thumb and perching the device up to his ear, he answered.

"Shinoa?"

A holler from the other end, the mere voice of concern and anger, "Yuichiro Ichinose, where the hell have you been?!! Do you know how many times I've tried to call-" Shinoa was swiftly cut off by the phone being ripped from her, along with shuffling noises heard. Another voice became apparent soon after, with slight familiarity but Yuu couldn't make it out too well. That is, until she spoke to him directly and said who it was. "Yuu, it's Mitsuba. Sorry, Shinoa was just worried about you. Are you ok?'