Chapter 15

|Speedy's POV|

"How's life in Albania? I heard it was pretty tough there...", I asked Maria as we cuddled on my couch.

"It's alright I guess. I really depends on the region in whoch you live. Not everywhere in Albania has inner wars", she answered after a while.

"How was it when you got back from here five years ago?", I asked. I was just really curious of what happened. I thought it was just pretty normal to ask after five years without news.

"It was tough. Mostly for Albi, but for me too... I really missed you, Speedy. I never thought I'd be able to see you again! We worked hard, Albi and I, to subsist to our parents' needs. We weren't really rich back there... And when you finally called, after all those years, and that you asked me if I wanted to live with you, I just cried. Because I never thoughht it would happen, she said truthfully.

"Aww! I love you so much, Maria", I murmured, kissing her softly. She kissed back in an instant, and I felt it was becoming heated. Then she pulled away.

"And you?", she said. "How was your life doing when I left?"

"I was broken. The first days, I cried because you were gone, and after I realized that there was a chance I would never see you again. So that's when I became depressed... Knowing I might have lost my love forever, it was dragging me real down..."

"But worry not, young child, I'll never leave you again", she said, pecking my lips. I bursted out laughing during the kiss.

"Why are you laughing?", she fake pouted.

"Worry not", I said, laughing. "Your choice of words are simply on point."

She smirked and pined me down on the couch. She attacked my lips with hers, moving her hips on me, making me hard. I blushed at the sudden tightness in my shorts and pulled away, embarrassed. She noticed and blushed a little bit as well.

"I see someone is excited", she chuckled. I laughed nervously and looked away.

"Don't be shy, Speedy. I-"

"We have a problem", someone said as the front door opened.

"Oh, sorry. Was I interrupting something here?"

I looked to my left to see Shadow standing in the doorframe.

"Another time maybe?", I scoffed.

"It's about Albi."

Maria jumped off of me and ran to Shadow's side, obviously worried. "What happened to Albi?"

"Nothing happened to him. He's safe", Shadow replied.

"What is it then? Where is he?", Maria asked again, even more worried.

"He's left to California this morning."

"He what?!", both me and Maria exclamed at the same time.

"He left this on my kitchen counter. I literally just found out. I came as soon as I learned about it", he said, handing the letter to Maria.

She read it and frowned. then her frown loosen up a little bit. "I can't believe we were this oblivious... I should have done something", she said, handing me the letter.

I unfoled the paper and read;

"Dear Shadow,
I may not be in California as you read that, but know that I left in condition to get there soon. I left to see G. I miss him. It was my fault he left, I shouldn't have slapped him. He was mad and I understand, but after what you told me last night, I realized that you were right. And I thank you for this. I will be back soon, hopefully. Otherwise, I'll be in California with G18.

Love, Albi."

I sighed. "I should have checked on him. All this time I thought he was with G... But what has you told him last night?", I said, looking at Shadow.

He gulped and said, "What happened with G."

"Oh no..."

"Oh yeah..."

"What happened with G?", asked Maria.

Shadow and I glanced at each other as saying 'don't tell her'. We both understood what the other meant and we looked away as if it was nothing. Maria certainly noticed something because she was glancing between me and Shadow. I grabbed her by the waist and kissed her, hoping it would have any effects on her. "You know you're beautiful, right?", I whispered in her ear. I heard her giggle and I knew I had succeed.

VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW