2

Good morning Aviators 

"Well for once Hawkeye is on time." Hangman said. "Well not once I haven't not see you stay with your team, your hangman for a reason." Hawkeye spatted back. Before Hangman could question any further, a woman made her presences to everyone.

"Attention on deck!" They heard the female Navy Chief call out, They risen out of their seats as Warlock walks up in front behind the podium while Cyclone stood beside Hondo.

"Morning... welcome to your special training detachment be seated." Admiral Bates said as everyone did so.

"I'm Admiral Bates... you're all Top Gun Graduates... the elite... the best of the best.... that was yesterday. The enemy's new fifth generation fighter has leveled the playing field.... Details a few but you can be sure we no longer possess the technological advantage success more then ever comes down to the man or woman in the box." Bates said.

Hangman looked back at Phoenix. Phoenix sneaky gave him the finger. 

"Half of you will make the cut, one of you will be name mission leader, the other half will remain in reserve." Bates said. Hangman looked back Rooster,  Hawkeye rolled his eyes at the man.

"You instructor is a Top Gun graduate, with real world experience in every mission aspect you will be expected to master..." Dove looked back and her eyes widen. She quickly turned around. "Damn, I knew it." Dove said. "Who is it?" Glory whispered. He looked back his eyes widened, then looked back Dove. "Yep, this is about to be interesting, Hawkeye and Rooster as not going to be please by this one bit." Glory said.

"... His exploits are legendary and he's consider to be one of the finest pilots this program has ever produced..." Hawkeye looked back then he sighed.  "I wonder if my father knew about this, Iceman and Maverick have been close since after Top Gun, fuck man" Hawkeye mumbled. "...What he has to teach you may very well mean the difference between life and death. I give you Captain Pete Mitchell, Call sign Maverick." Bates finished before Maverick took his place. Hawkeye and Rooster were clenching their jaws at the presence of the man and Phoenix noticed.

"Good morning." He started off and everyone nodded. "The F-18 na contains everything they want you to know about your aircraft, I'm assuming you know the book inside and out." Maverick asked.

"Damn right."

"Yeah."

"So does your enemy..." Maverick said. "And we're off." Hondo said. Hawkeye shook his head as he then looked straight ahead.

"But what the enemy doesn't know is your limits. I intend to find those limits and push beyond them. So today, we will start with what you think you know." He dismissed the group.

........

Hawkeye looked up to see Maverick talking to Rooster, he huffed. "This is about to be interesting." Glory said, Dove sighed then looked at Hawkeye. "Just don't let this affect you out there." Dove said to Hawkeye. "I won't, I won't." Hawkeye said.

......

"Good morning, aviators. This is your captain speaking. Welcome to basic fighting maneuvers. As you were briefed, today's exercise is dog fighting. No missiles. Guns only and no going below the hard deck of five thousand feet. Work as a team to shoot me down or else." Maverick said to everyone.

Or else what, sir?" Fanboy asked into the comms. "Or I shoot back." Maverick respond. Listening from the radio on base. 

"How about we put skin in the game." Payback countered. "What do you have in mind?" Maverick asked him. "Whoever gets shot down first has to do two hundred push ups." He responded.