12

Bagman to the rescue

Hawkeye and Rooster turn on their signals. "Sir, we are receiving signals from Rooster and Hawkeye e-set, there seems to be a malfunction." The man said to Cyclone. "Have you lost them?" Warlock asked. "No sir, their supersonic." "Their both airborne." Warlock said. "In what?" Cyclone asked.

"Sir, overwatch reports two F-14 tomcats airborne and on going to our position." 

"It can't be..... It can't be." Warlock said in shock.

"Maverick." Cyclone replied.

................

Hawkeye flew beside Maverick and Rooster. "This is why dad was backseater... this is why Iceman and Maverick was the only one to teach me everything I needed to know... damn this things is... very old." Hawkeye said as he stared at the controls for a moment then he looked over to Maverick and Rooster.

"Radio out, No radar. Everything's dead back here." Rooster tells Maverick. Hawkeye sighed. "Never a good sign." Hawkeye said. Rooster looked over at Hawkeye. "Don't look at me, you are forgetting, this was our dads department, Try the UFH2 circuit breaker." Hawkeye suggested. "I figure it out." He tells him. Hawkeye pulled out the locket that I had his mother's picture in it. Maverick sighed. "You made her so proud, hope you realize that kid." Maverick said. "Thanks for that Mav."Hawkeye said as he put the locket away.

As Rooster looks for what Hawkeye suggested, he saw the enemy planes. "Hawkeye and Maverick, tally 2, 5 o'clock low." Rooster points out. They look over their shoulders and see two planes beneath them. "Damn, do these bastards ever lay down." He muttered. "What do we do?" He asked. He sighed, "Just be cool, If they knew who we were, we'd be dead already." Maverick replied as they put on their mask as the planes fly closer to them. "Just... wave and smile." Maverick said, Hawkeye sighed. "Oh brilliant, just brilliant, wave and smile at the ones who want to kill us." He muttered.

Maverick waves to the plane next to him then the pilot does a sign he's never seen before. "What's that signal, what's he saying?" Rooster asks him. "Nope." he replied. "What about that one, have any idea?" Hawkeye asked Maverick. "Nope." he answered, then his eyes widen when he realize what that pilot is doing. "Shit this is not good, his wing man is moving into weapons envelope." Hawkeye said and Maverick nodded at him. "I don't think we can outrun these guys you two." Rooster tells them. "Well... we can try, let's try not to die as well you two." Hawkeye responds to him. Maverick looked over at the man. "Hawkeye... what are you doing?" He asked sternly. "I apologize in advance if you have a heart attack, but you should not have taught me to be rebellious." He tells him. Before him or Rooster get a word out, He takes off, taking out one of enemy planes then He headed downward while one of the enemy's planes follow him. "WHAT THE HELL HAWKEYE!" Rooster exclaimed. "Let's go!' Maverick called out as he took off following him

..............

Hawkeye tries the to get the guy off of his tail, "Maverick, little help, I know I pulled a stupid stunt, well pulled a classic Maverick stunt but you got any ideas to get these bastards off my ass?" Hawkeye says to him. "Just keep doing what you are doing, I am going to take him out." Maverick said and He sighed. "I can try but I don't know how much longer Mav." Hawkeye said as He kept an eye on the enemy plane.

Before He knew it, he heard firing from behind her, which he whipped the plane out of the way, then enemy's plane crashed into the mountain side. "HELL YEAH!" Him and Rooster cheered. "It's not over yet." Maverick said as they other plane was still following.

...............

"We're out of Flares, Maverick!" Rooster exclaimed. "Same here Mav!" Hawkeye exclaimed. Then their planes took a hit, Hawkeye grunted in frustration. "Damn it, damn it." Hawkeye muttered "Hawkeye and Rooster you two are going to have to eject!" Maverick exclaimed. "What!" Rooster and Hawkeye exclaimed. "This is the only way!" Maverick said as he pulled up and sent them straight into the sky and Hawkeye followed

"Eject! Eject! Eject!" He yelled but Nothing happens. "Rooster and Hawkeye pull the handles, eject!" He shouted. "It's not working!" He exclaimed. "No!" Hawkeye exclaimed as he started to tear up as he was pulling and nothing was happening. "Slider and Goose...I'm sorry." Maverick muttered. As He was about to accept the fate that was about to happen to the three of them and bracing for impact. They looked over to see the plane in flames and a familiar voice over the radio.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. This is you savior speaking." Hawkeye heard Hangman speak and was in relief. "Please fasten all seat beats. Return all tray-tables to their locked and upright positions and prepare for landing." He finished. Rooster and Hawkeye chuckled. "Oh my... Bagman, you son of a ... I am so glad and relief to see you." Hawkeye said which caused Hangman to smile a bit at the man. "Hey, Hangman, you look good." Rooster says. Hawkeye smiled a bit. "I am good, Rooster. I'm very good." He replied and smiled. "I'll see you three back on deck." He finished. "Phoenix... I'm coming darling." Hawkeye muttered, Maverick couldn't help but smile.

....................

Hawkeye jumped out of his plane. He sighed in relief. "Thank goodness, you are alright man." Fanboy said to Hawkeye. "Yeah, couldn't leave family behind." Hawkeye said. Maverick walked over as Fanboy patted Hawkeye on the shoulder then walked over to everyone else. Maverick smiled. "Proud of you kiddo, also congrats on being promoted to Captain..." Maverick said. Hawkeye looked at him with shock. "But I broke the rules." Hawkeye said. "No, according to Cyclone and Warlock, what you and Rooster did was an act of bravery besides you worked your butt off, very deserving." Maverick said and Hawkeye smiled. Then he looked over and saw Phoenix talking to Rooster and Hangman.

"You know, this feels like deja vu... like your mother and father all over again." Maverick said. "So I been told." Hawkeye answered him. "Well what are you doing standing there, go get her." Maverick said. Hawkeye blushed then walked over to them. Phoenix froze for a moment then she ran into his arms and he held onto her tightly. Hangman and Rooster looked at each other. "That's love." Hangman said. "Yeah." Rooster said as he looked over at Dove.

Phoenix pulled away. "Don't scare me like that again." Phoenix said sternly. "And I kept my promise." Hawkeye replied sternly back. "You did." She said. Then they smiled at each other. "Fuck it." Hawkeye said then he pressed his lips to hers which caught her off guard. Everyone whistled around them. They both smiled through the kiss. She pulled away. 

"That was worth the wait." She replied. "Indeed it was." Hawkeye replied. He pressed a kiss on the top of her head.

..............