5

I ain't worried

Dominic opened his eyes, sighed as he heard his alarm go off. He sighed then he remember that they were all called for the beach. "What the hell are you plotting Maverick." He muttered as got up out of bed. 

He got ready in beach wear and walked to his kitchen to make some coffee then he saw the photo of his mom. He sighed. "I know you would want me to make amends but it's difficult when he messed with someone's career." He muttered.

"But I promise Mom, I'll try to make amends, can't convince Bradley." Dominic said as he walked out of his house and locked the door behind him.

............

He pulled up into the parking lot of the Hard Deck, he saw majority of everyone was there. He looked over and saw that Glory was right beside him. "Glory." Hawkeye said and he looked over. "What are we even doing here?" Glory said as they got out of their trucks. "Hard to tell, it's Maverick's idea, got informed last night." Hawkeye replied.

"Hawkeye!" Rooster exclaimed. "Feel the love, man!" Glory exclaimed at Rooster. "What it's not my fault you two wasn't close as children." Hawkeye said. "Don't sweat it, going to go talk to Payback and Fanboy." Glory said as he walked off. Hawkeye shook his head as he walked over to his childhood best friend and well... the woman he's in love with.

"So... I take it dinner at your father's was interesting?" Rooster questioned. "I'm guess Phoenix, you filled him in with the details." Hawkeye questioned and she nodded. "That's fine, it's was interesting." Hawkeye said. Before either Rooster or Phoenix could open another word, Maverick walked up.

"Any of you played Dog Fight Football before?" Maverick asked them as he walked up to them chucking one ball at Hawkeye and the other at Hangman. Everybody looked at each other with confusion. "Well, you'll start today." He finished. Everybody picked their teams.

"Hope you all know, I played sports in high school, so good luck." Hawkeye said. "Please..." Dove said as she playfully rolled her eyes. "We'll let's see what you got."

.........

"Hut!" Someone called out. Hawkeye tossed the ball to Phoenix who ran very quickly while Hawkeye was right behind her, He quickly tackled Hangman while Phoenix cross the line. "Hell yeah!" He exclaimed as he stood up.

He helped Hangman up. "Look at you being compassionate Kerner." Hangman said with a cocky grin. "Next time, I'll leave your ass on the ground... I was just being kind Bagman." Hawkeye said as he rolled his eyes.

Phoenix chuckled a bit then she walked over to Hawkeye. "You good there?" Phoenix asked him. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" He questioned her. "I was just wondering." Phoenix said. "Thanks for the concern there Phoes." Hawkeye said as he and her walked back over to their team.

...........

At this point, nobody was keeping score at this point. Watching Rooster and Hangman get competitive was amusing to Hawkeye not to mention Glory got involve. Dove stood next to Coyote. She looked up at him, "You know, your something Dove." He said to her as she rose a brow. "Hmm, your quite amusing Coyote." Dove said with a grin.

Hawkeye shook his head at the interaction. "You know it's not polite to gawk Kerner." Phoenix said which made him jumped. "It isn't also polite to scare people Trace." Hawkeye said which made her chuckle. "I was thinking, you and I... could hang out after this." Hawkeye said. "Like a date?" Phoenix questioned him. "Well..." Hawkeye said and Phoenix smiled. "I would love to." Phoenix said, he smiled at her.

They looked forward and saw Bob making a run for. "RUN FLOYD RUN!!!" Hawkeye exclaimed. Then he made it over the line which made Phoenix and Hawkeye cheer. "HELL YEAH!" Hawkeye exclaimed very loudly as he and Phoenix made it over to everyone. 

..........

Dominic waited in his vehicle for Natasha. Then she opened the door, then hopped in and smiled at him. "I would of never imagine this, you and I." Natasha said. "But I am glad it happened." Dominic said with a smile. Natasha smiled a bit. "You changed for the better, from an asshole to someone... someone I want to be around." Natasha said which made Dominic's heart flutter.

"Yeah, being an asshole, so not cool but I guess Top Gun changes you for the good." Dominic said as he pulled away. "Yeah, I can see it changed you." Natasha said. "Well, I also had Admiral Iceman telling me to remove the attitude from my ass as well." Dominic said and Natasha chuckled.

"How's he doing?" Natasha asked and Dominic sighed. "He's... he's getting worse, at this point we can hope good will happen." Dominic said. Natasha grabbed ahold of his hand. "You are doing good by him, you are also doing good by your father." Natasha said. Dominic hummed.

"Where are we going now Kerner?" She asked him and he smiled. "You'll see." Dominic said.

............

He parked his truck as the both of them then step out. "Before you asked, we are at a spot where my dad used to take my mom." Dominic said and Natasha smiled. "That's sweet." Natasha said as they stood side by side as they leaned against his truck.

"You must of been close with your mother." Natasha said. "I was, I was close with her, I was also close with Rooster's mother. When they both had passed away, I was crushed. But losing my mother, I knew I had to do good by her, follow down my father's footsteps going to Top Gun. My father became so mellow and quiet after she passed but more protective of me, but not so protective do what Maverick did, Father was aggravated of what Maverick did, he hopes myself and Rooster can work it out with Maverick." Dominic explained. Natasha sighed. 

"You know, you are making her very proud." Natasha said and Dominic smiled at the woman. She remembered the night before when his father said that she acted like his mother but Natasha knew one thing...

That she was falling in love with Dominic Kerner.