Chapter Seventeen

POV: Y/N L/N

I woke up to the sounds of scuffling outside near the shed area. I opted to ignore it but the noise kept going so I got a bit concerned and got out of my bed. I walked around the halls of the Emiya residence and noticed that Shirou was not in his room. I sighed quietly and quickly got to the back door, put on some slippers and walked to the shed.

Shirou: "Trace on. Tracing basic structure, strengthening materials."

I opened the door to the shed slowly while Shirou looked at the door. I step inside the room and smile at him.

"Training your magic, huh? Looks like you're doing pretty well."

Shirou: "Yup! My dad told me I basically could never miss a day without at least training for a little bit."

"Doesn't sound like a bad training regiment to me. Wait, I have a question."

Shirou: "Yeah? What is it?"

"Did your dad only teach you reinforcement magic and nothing else? Not even how a Mage should act?"

Shirou: "Nah, he never really was a mage himself, I think. He used to encourage everything I used to do back then. He was like a kid in an adults body."

Saber: "I see."

I look behind me to see Saber standing by the open door just listening to our conversation go on. She smiles at both of us and sits down next to Shirou.

"I didn't notice you, Saber. Were you also waken up by the sounds from the shed?"

Saber: "I noticed Shirou wasn't sleeping, so I decided I should check if he was here."

"Neat."

Saber: "Very. Shirou, is the left side of your body still not functioning as usual?"

"Geez, I was just about to ask that too."

Shirou: "Guess you both caught on about it. Don't worry, it's just a little numb."

"Do you know why though?"

Shirou: "Yeah, I think it's become of the Projection magic that I did earlier."

"That would make sense considerin-"

I notice a presence behind us three. I quickly turn my head around to see none other than Archer quickly listening to our conversation.

Archer: "Is your body still numb?"

"I thought you were sleeping."

Archer: "Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, considering that-"

Saber: "Stop right there, Archer. Remember, we have a truce going on."

"I don't think he's here to fight, Saber."

Shirou: "Yeah, I agree with Y/N."

Saber: "Are you certain?"

"Yeah, we'll be fine. Anyways, I'm assuming you didn't stop by just to say hello, right?"

Archer: "Right. You said that half your body is numb, correct?"

Shirou: "Yes, I did."

Archer: "I might be of some help. Lose the shirt."

While Shirou takes off his shirt, Saber and I stand back and silently analyze the situation, knowing that if something were to happen, we'd be right there to stop it. Shirou laid down on the floor and Archer put his hand on his bare back, feeling it thoroughly.

Archer: "You're really lucky, you know that? I thought it'd be worse but all that happened was that you opened up some circuits that were closed."

"Wait, so, when he used Projection magic, he opened up the circuits that he had dormant inside of him since he neglected training that specific type of magic?"