Chapter 5: Familiars, and heroes Vs. Ryu Kokki

John leads the heroes to a part of the city in the daytime. They all look around, and see people just walking around while doing their own business. John stops in front of them, and looks at them. 

John: Remember what we told you. You keep your eyes open. They're everywhere. 

Weiss: But it's daytime. They only come out at night. 

John: They can hide inside places, in the darkness. 

John walks off to go somewhere. They all watch him leave, and they all look around. They all walk on the sidewalk, trying to figure out what to do. Sora holds Kairi's hand, and Ruby stays by Yang. As they walk, Goofy looks around, and he points at something he spots. They all look at what he's pointing at. He's pointing at a building that looks ok. They all walk towards it. They walk inside. Then, they all look around. And don't see anything. They all sigh, and look at each other. They find chairs and couches. They sit down while trying to think. As they're sitting down, a police officer comes to them. 

Police officer: Hi, there.

They all see him, and jump up. He holds out his hands. 

Police officer: Wait, it's ok! Hold on! Hold on! I'm a police officer. I didn't mean to scare you. I saw you all walking outside, and you looked nervous. 

Kairi: But why did you follow us?

Police officer: Like I said, I saw you all looking around nervously, and I wanted to check on you. Look, I'm Officer Oliver, 42nd Precinct. Are you all new in this city?

Roxas: Yeah, we are. 

Oliver: You know, some witnesses saw you all, and they said that you were all kidnapped last night. Are you okay?

Donald: Yeah. We managed to get out of the place they took us in. 

Momo: What happened to the other man we were with?

Oliver: Dennis? Well, he's at the hospital, being checked on. 

Namine: How's he doing?

Oliver: I think he'll be scared for the rest of his life, but he's fine. No, look, don't worry about that now.

Sora: (Looks at him) And why not?

Oliver: (Smirks, pulls out a gun) Because you're all dead, little wimps. 

Riku grabs him, and slams his face on the wall. Oliver yells in pain as his nose breaks. Riku throws him away. They all look at him. Weiss then throws garlic at him. Oliver is groaning as he shakes his head. He sniffs the garlic, and chuckles. 

Oliver: Did you just throw garlic at me? 

Weiss: He's not a vampire, guys. He's human. 

Oliver: Vampire? (Scoffs) Who said I was a vampire, huh?

Suddenly, John appears behind him, and kicks him down. 

John: No one did. 

Then, he kicks him in his hip, and sends him at a wall. He hits it hard. He groans as John pulls him up. 

John: He's not a vampire, but he's working for them. He's a familiar, a vampire-wannabe. You see, the familiars, if they're loyal enough, and they prove themselves, maybe their masters will turn them. 

He punches Oliver in the face as he talks. Then, he slams him against the wall, hurting him more. 

Winter: Wait a second. (Glares at him) You used us as bait?!

John: Necessary evil. Sorry.

John pulls him back, and punches him in his stomach, making him kneel down, and then he kicks him in the chin.