Chapter 18: Hope For Him

Dia

I wait outside the doctor's room; the doctor is the doctor who normally sees me after I have boxing matches. She is checking Zak up. After Zak started coughing up blood, I knew something was wrong. I pull my phone out and look at the contact. ACE.

I press the call button and put my phone to my ear. The phone is ringing after a while, someone answers, "Hello."

The person sounds annoyed. I say, "Hey, is Ace free?"

"Who is this girl? What is your relation to him?" the voice become clearer and sounds like a female's voice.

"I am his sister," I say.

"Give me the phone," Ace's voice pops into the conversation but he sounds like he is far away from the phone. I can hear steps from the other side off the phone.

"Alisia, give me the god damn phone or you can say goodbye to tonight's dinner," he says closer to the phone this time.

"Fine," the female says.

"Sorry, is this a bad time?" I question.

"No, are you okay,"

"Ace, I told the guys. Zak is off limits, and someone decided to fuck him up," I inform Ace of my plan to get back at whoever has made me pissed. The poor unfortunate family's souls which won't have their family member who crossed me for so long. They should be counting the hours down.

"You want to know who hurt him?" he questions with the blunt tone.

"Yes, but as father said. If someone crosses a boundary you have put up, kill them. The rest of the hench man and hench women will never cross the line. They will fall into line," I say, with a cold tone. No emotion whatsoever. The only person who has made me feel emotions is behind the closed door getting examined.

"You will be a good leader one day. A little to scary and a little to willing to kill a few but I like the way you think. You think more like father than me, it is scary but when I am back at the office later. I will figure out who went against your words from last week," Ace says through the phone.

"Make the whole of the gang watch. I want people to whisper how harsh and cold hearted I am. They must know not to cross me," I say. Kill a few, scare many.

"Okay, also little sis," he says a little hesitant.

"Yeah?" I speak.

"Please take care of yourself and I think you have feelings for Zak. There is hope for him not fearing you like everyone else does," with that Ace before he cuts the call.

I do not have feelings for Zak, he just intrigues me and brings out emotions I have buried for long, buried since my biological father ditched me for his other family but I heard rumors that he pissed the wrong people off and got his other family killed.

Zak is my weakness and I need to figure out why and then eliminate the weakness. I can not have a weakness, not in this line of business. Not when I can kill many and not care. People can use Zak against me. I need to either protect Zak or kill him. I need to figure out which one will be easier. I can not let my enemies know I have a weakness or feel any emotions for a human.