Chapter 38:Mr. Scoleman

Zak

"So, when was anyone going to tell me, my daughter is missing," a body turns around from behind Ace's desk. The suit he is wearing really shows how much he is built and how much lean muscles he has- on his arms and legs...his stomach seems to be popping out a little but he still looks in shape. This has to be Mr. Scoleman.

"Dad, I expect her to be home by now but whoever has her, must have known where she actually lives and not the geographical area of where we say she lives," Ace says before Noah bows down to him.

He makes direct eye contact with me, "this must be the boy."

That's all he says before he starts walking out the room with Ace behind him.

"It's going to be a long night," Noah says getting up from the floor.

"Why?" I question as Noah takes a seat on the coach.

"Mr. Scoleman cares about Dia as if she was his own child, the same way he cares about Ace," Noah starts rumbling on, but I interrupt him.

"What if it's not Dia's enemies but Mr. Scoleman enemies?" I question, turning slowly to make eye contact with Noah instead of the desk.

"What do you mean?" He questions, adjusting himself on the coach.

"We all know Dias biological dad has never been seen after the whole custody thing, so what if her biological father is trying to get revenge on the father she calls her real father?" I question, Noah's face turns form confused to like a light bulb just went off in his head.

"Get Mr. Scoleman, you and Ace would be the only two men who can interrupt him in a meeting because he values family," he says, he quickly comes up to me. He grabs my arm and in a swift movement, moves to the exit of the office. Noah slows down and his grip on my softens a little, I look in front of us at a mahogany big doors with gold on the door frame and handles, it looks like real gold.

"Knock on the door," Noah says, I give him an uncertain look before moving my hands into a fist and gently tapping the door with my knuckles.

"Who is it-" Mr. Scoleman says, opening the left side door "Zak, what can I do for you?"

"I have a question," I say, he nods, giving me permission to carry on, "what if Dias biological father kidnapped her because everyone knows she sees you as her father figure, so he kidnapped her out of revenge or spit."

"Ace grab the henchman," he says fixing his suits blazer and walking out the room, "Noah get Zak back to his house and do not, I repeat do not let him out of your site until I give you permission," he says as he storms off.

"Let's go home, Zak," Noah says in a blunt voice.

"Why?" I question, he shakes his head.

"I have direct orders," he says as he not so gently like the other time grabs my hand to walk me to the car.

"I can walk by myself, can you please let go off my hand?" I say, getting a little annoyed.

"Okay," he lets go of my hands, as he grabs keys of a key holder which is next to a mirror with a gold frame, this family must really like gold.

"In India, gold is a status thing," Noah says, looking at me while I look at the mirror, "Mr. Scoleman buys a lot of gold for Mrs. Scoleman. Mrs. Scoleman is from India, when she was twelve, her family moved to South Africa... She is Hindu and if I am not mistaken, gold is a symbol of one of the Gods or Goddesses."

I nod my head as I carry on walking towards the car.

"Is gold sacred in their culture?" I question.

"I don't know but what I do know is most South Asian women, love getting gold as gifts. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge for Dia," he says as we walk down the only white stairs and into a garage with multiple cars.

Noah moves to a black Land Rover.