Chapter 33: Lip Reading?

Zak

We walk into a nice-looking house. It is four-story and the bottom story is a garage-just a garage full of cars.

"Zak, let Noah and I do the talking," Ace says as we approach the house in the car. Ace is driving now, and Noah is in the backseat with a laptop in his lap. He is trying to Track Dia's phone. Why he did not do that before shocks me but at least he is trying.

"Will do so," I say from the passenger's seat. I am in the front with Ace.

"Zak, you know if it weren't for Dia telling us to stay away from you, I would hire you to be the leader of most of the gangs, you are pretty smart," Ace says.

Noah agrees with him from the backseat, "True, like you picked up stuff Ace and I thought were irrelevant."

"Thanks, but what do you mean, Dia told you to stay away from me?" I question. Why would Dia tell people to stay away from me? We are not dating? I would like to date but I have no idea why she would tell people to stay away from me. She never asked me to be her boyfriend, so why would she tell people to stay away from me?

"Noah will tell you the story when we are back," Ace stops the car.

I jump out of the car and wait for Ace to start walking. Noah has brought his laptop with him.

"Remember let me do the talking," Noah whispers in my head and I nod.

"Ace, long time no see," a guy with blonde hair says as he handshake-and-bro-guys Ace.

"Yeah, life has been busy," he moves away from the hug first.

"Noah," the guy with blonde hair says as he and Noah do a handshake which seems for only them to know.

"Who is this new bee? Is he replacing Dia?" he says, looking at me. I look up at Ace oping he says something.

"No, let me guess," the blonde hair dude, looks me up and down before saying, "Harandas, the one we are supposed to keep way from?"

"Yep," Ace and Noah say.

The blonde hair dude extends his hand, "I am Jonathan."

"I am Zak," I say taking his hand and shaking it.

"Well, shall we see why you lovely boys have visited me?" Jonathan says as Noah kisses Jonathan's cheek. Taking me back a little bit. Noah then seems to be whispering something in his ear.

"Mhmm, okay, this way gentleman," Jonathan says as he walks towards the entrance of the house.

We enter the house; the house is beautiful. It has a black aesthetic to it in the garage. We walk up a flight of stairs. The stairs lead to a beautiful lounge. Even though the aesthetic fits the house, but the lounge set is white.

The kitchen has a black aesthetic, but the countertop is a grey and white marble countertop.

"Shall we start?" Jonathan takes a seat in the bar in his house. The top is wood. He hands Ace an alcohol bottle before turning to Noah, "I do not have the Champagne, you love sorry."

Noah moves towards Jonathan, "You know what I like."

Ace moves forward, he leans down, "This two have history, if you are wondering."

"Thanks," I whisper back.

~

"He is saying, 'babe, I love you. You know I would never cheat on you. Just my boss has been making me do extra shifts. He wants me to kidnap this chick, which is my ex and I promise you; I love you and only you. You know this... I might work overtime but it will be alright. Look I am at the store right now, buying you an anniversary gift." Jonathan says as he writes down what is being said.

"Jonathan, thank you so much," Noah says.

"As long as you are my dance partner on Wednesday. We are alright," Jonathan says.

"Thanks," Ace says.

Jonathan looks at me before he says, "Treat Dia right and most importantly make sure Dia treats you right."

"Thank you," I say.

"No thank you. Noah and I had a fight because I thought he cared a little too much about Dia but when you were into the picture... it should help us resolve everything," Jonathan says.

"I guess you're welcome," I say.