Why?

Words: 722

Angst </3

Warnings: Kidnapping, grief.

Prompt: if Finney could have a longer conversation with Robin.
—————————-

"You're going to get out Finney."

"Robin I- what if I can't?"

"You will Finn, I promise you that you're going to make it out of here alive."

Silent tears slipped down Finney's face.

"I need to tell you something." Finney said, his voice quiet.

"I already know Finn, I always did. You aren't as slick as you think." Robin chuckled.

"I wish I would've told you sooner."

"I know, and for what it's worth, I always loved you too. I still do, even though I'm not alive and I know that we'll never be anything, I still love you."

Finney sat down on the mattress and cried,

"I miss you so much Robin, it's never going to be the same without you."

Robin didn't respond, but Finney felt a cold chill race across the left side of his body, and he felt oddly comforted.

"Robin?"

"Yeah Finn?"

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."

"For what?" Robin asked

"For not being there for you like you were there for me, for not telling you 'I love you' sooner, for letting you get taken. I'm sorry for everything." Finney ranted

"It's not your fault Finn, and you were always there for me. You don't remember bandaging my hands or cleaning my face after a fight? Or what about when my dad passed and we didn't leave each others side for a week, you comforted me and consoled me like no other. You've helped me through so much, don't ever think anything different."

"It's so surreal, knowing that you're dead-" Finney flinched at the word, "and I'm alive, but yet here I am talking to you. How do you think this works? Am I just going crazy?"

"I don't know, maybe. But if I can talk to you just as well as you can talk to me, it can't just be you that's crazy."

"Or maybe this is all just in my head, hallucinations is a symptom of grief. So maybe I just miss you so fucking much that I'm subconsciously creating fake scenarios in my head to make this shitty situation a tad bit better."

"You're funny." Robin chuckled

"Not on purpose."

"Doesn't matter, do you remember the plan?"

"Yeah, yeah of course."

"You've got this Finney, I know it."

"Do you?"

"I do." Robin said confidently.

"You put a lot of trust in me."

"Rightfully so, you've proven time and time again that you're trust worthy, I have high hopes for you finn, I'm not letting you die."

"I wish I would die already, he is fucking sick. And if I get out of here life isn't going to be much better."

"You don't mean that."

"Yes I do robin!" Finney exclaimed "I already get bullied, before I could handle it but now? I'll probably cry my fucking eyes out, I don't have you anymore, Gwen can't really do much, and I'm not ready to face my dad again. Things are going to be horrible and you know it!"

"But guess what? You'll be okay, I mean yeah sure it'll be a rough time, but you'll get through it. God Finney you're so fucking strong, stronger than I've ever been. If I got out I wouldn't last a day, but you will."

There was a moment of silence between the two, Robin could hear Finney sniffling, signaling that he was crying. Finney's mind was racing, he wasn't sure that he could do this, he wasn't sure that he even wanted to do this.

"Why won't you let me die Robin? I would finally be with you, and we could live out our dream, sort of."

Robin sighed, "I don't want you to be with me finn, I want you to be alive. I want you to always be there with Gwen, I want you go to your dream college and get your dream job. I want you to continue your dorky space obsession. I want you to look at the stars and smile because you know I'm forever with you. That's what I want Finn."

"Okay Robin, then that's what I'll do."

"I believe in you finn, I have to go now, remember, I love you."

"I- I love you too." Finney replied, his voice breaking.

The call ended, and all Finney could do was cry.
He would get out, just for Robin.

——————————

May have mistakes🫶🏻