Adjusting.

Warnings: Grief, suicide, sh,child abuse(?).

Modern day:)

(Big ass friend group, Vance, griffin, Bruce, billy, Robin and Finney are all in a friend group, or were.)

Prompt: robin +the friend group coping with Finneys death, bc I'm just like that idk.

words: 925
————————-

Robin laid in bed, staring at the ceiling blankly. It had been about a month since Finney died, the shock had worn off, but that didn't make it any better. Robin was completely broken, he cried until he physically couldn't, and it took so much to get out of bed. He felt guilty, he felt as though he should've seen the signs, he should've known and been there for Finney. Everyone tells him it's not his fault, and he knows it's not, but he feels as though it is. Robin was his boyfriend, how did he miss something so huge?

After Finneys death it all made sense, the gift giving, the being overly nice, the skipping school more often, the smoking more often, and the cutting.

Robin knew that Finney used to struggle with self harm, but he thought he had stopped, he never knew that he picked the habit back up. The thought made robin even more angry with himself, how did he not notice?

He picked up his phone and looked at the last messages between the group, it was about a month ago.

Vance: Has anyone heard from Finney, Robin? You're always with him.

Paperboy: I would also like to know, I'm concerned.

Bruce: ^^^

Robin:Guys, I really wish I didn't have to say this, and I am so fucking sorry for not telling you sooner, I've been so caught up in my own shit, but before I say anything please mentally prepare yourself.

Vance: Uhm okay, is everything alright?

Paperboy: Yea I'm scared, what happened Robin, are you okay?

Robin: no not at all. Finney's dead. He killed himself.

The group chat was quiet for a second, before robins phone flooded with messages.

Vance: Robin what the fuck, that's not even fucking funny.

Bruce: You're kidding right, you better fucking be.

Robin- No I'm not kidding, he just passed a couple days ago, Gwen found him, he was taken to the hospital but he lost too much blood. By the time the paramedics arrived he was already dead. I'm so sorry, I love you guys so much, I'm here for you if you need anything.

Vance: I'm coming over Rob.

And he did, Vance showed up that day about 10 minutes after he sent that text out. Robin's mom answered the door, and with the look on Vance's face she knew why he was here, she told him that he was in his room. Vance wasted no time going to robins room, where he found him curled up on his bed sobbing violently.

Vance went over to robin and hugged him, normally Vance wasn't the biggest on comforting and he'd probably make a joke out of it, but this was no joking matter. Finney was gone, Vance's little brother figure, gone, Robin's boyfriend, gone, the group's anchor, gone.

Robin cried and cried, he had bags under his eyes, signaling that he hadn't slept.

"I'm so sorry Robin." Vance said, his voice breaking.

Robin tried to speak but he couldn't, he just cried and cried, hiccuping occasionally when he tried to catch his breath.

Robin thought back on the memory, and decided to give the group chat a message, knowing that they were grieving just as much as he was.

Robin: hey everyone, how are you guys holding up?

Bruce: Fucking horrible.

Vance: Same tbh, nothing has gone right, since. Well yk.

Gwen: Horrible, dad's picked up drinking again and he started boxing up Finneys stuff to sell. I tried to talk him out of it but he shut it down immediately.

Robin: what?! How could he do that? It's only been a month, he seriously wants to get rid of Finneys shit now?

Vance: Dude what the fuck, that actually just pissed me the fuck off.

Gwen: I know, I'm really sorry everyone. If you want I'll let you know when it is so you can come find stuff that you'd like to keep.

Robin: yeah, I'd really appreciate gwenny. Thank you.

Gwen: of course robin, my brother loved you so much, I know he'd want you to have some stuff.

Vance: On a different topic, I just kind of wanted to put it out there that I'm here for all of you. I may not be the best at comforting people but Finney meant the world to all of us, to me. So again if you need anything I'm here.

Bruce: we know Vance, thank you. I love you.

Paperboy: Thanks Vance, same with me and griff,  he would tell you himself but he's asleep. We love y'all.

The group said they loved him too and said their goodbyes. Robin sighed, putting his phone down. He didn't know how he was going to manage with out Finney, but with the help of his friends and family, he knew he would be somewhat okay.

Time skip, just bc

4 years had passed since Finney died. And Robin graduated today. He had a small get together with friends where they all had a couple of beers, it was overall a really good day. That leads us to now where robin was laying on his roof staring up at the stars, one in particular caught his eye, it was flashing at him. Robin smiled.

"I miss you Finney, I hope you're proud." He whispered to no one but himself.

———————————-
May have mistakes 🫶🏻

Sorry for making it angsty but I wanted to put out another chapter to make up for me not uploading for like 4 days😭

livelaughmoon 
I hope I made you cry 😍🫶🏻