Hey lover

I was listening to The Daughters of Eve earlier and Hey lover came on which made me think of this.

Words:578
----------------
INTRO
----------------
Finney had never had a lot of confidence in himself. His whole life he had be shunned and made fun of for everything about him, the things he liked, his style, his voice, his appearance, and more.

Robin however, thought the complete opposite of Finney. Robin thought that Finney was the most beautiful person to ever exist. He loved everything about him. He loved when Finney would go on his rants about space, he loved Finney's style, he loved his voice, he loved his hair, he loved everything there was to Finney.

Finney never understood it, he didn't see himself the way robin did. He didn't understand why Robin chose him and why he didn't go for the hundreds of other girls and boys swooning over him at their school. Robin was extremely popular, everyone loved him. Yet Robin still chose Finney.

----------------------
TIME SKIP
----------------------

Robin and Finney were sitting in Robins room.
Finney was at Robins desk drawing, robin was sitting on his bed reading an old comic. They had music playing in the background softly but other than that, it was comfortably silent.

Finney had started thinking more about him and robin. He realized how happy he really was with robin and how if it were up to him, they'd never be apart. but he didn't know if robin felt the same, and that crushed him.

What if Robin was just pretending to love Finney because he felt bad for him? Or what if he was unhappy in the relationship and just hasn't said anything? Finney isn't sure what he'd do with himself if Robin left him, he's sure he'd waste away in his room and never talk to anyone again.

"Finn?" He heard robin say, snapping him out of his thoughts. Finney spun around in the chair and faced robin.

"I said your name but you didn't respond. Everything okay?" Robin asked, worry laced his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine, just thinking is all," Finney replied with a small smile.

"Thinking about what?"

Finney stayed silent, not sure if he should answer.

"Why are you dating me?" He asked so quietly that you could barely hear him.

"What do you mean?" Robin frowned.

"I don't know it's just, you could have anyone you wanted. Everyone loves you, like you could have the pretties girl or boy in our school but yet you choose me. Why?"

Robins heart started to ache at hearing those words. He didn't know Finney had been so insecure, and for how long? Did Finney really think badly of himself?

"Come here finn."

Finney got up from his chair and walked over to the bed, sitting down besides robin. Robin pulled him into his lap and wrapped his hands around Finneys waist, resting his head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm with you because I love you. I don't want the prettiest girls in school, because they don't matter like you do. They don't have the soft curly brown hair like you do, they don't have your smile, they don't have your taste in music, they don't have your touch, they don't have your style, they don't have your space obsession, they don't even compare to you Finn. In a room full of people, I would choose you. Every single time."

Finney sighed contently and put his hands over robins, "I love you Rob."

"I love you more Finn."

Robin kissed Finneys cheek and they laid down together, soon drifting to sleep.

————
Not sure how to feel abt this but I wanted to get another chapter out.

May have mistakes🫶🏻

Hope you guys enjoyed