You should smile more

Hey🤭

Words: 823
————————

This was it, Finney's first day at his new school.

He wasn't sure what he was feeling, it was all a mix of excitement, anxiety, and doubt. He was excited to start his new school, but what if he couldn't find his classes? What if people didn't like him? What if this school doesn't work out?

The thoughts filled his head, Finney squeezed his eyes shut and tried to steady his breathing.

There's no reason to get worked up, you'll be fine.

He told himself. Of course he didn't necessarily believe that but it eased his mind.

"Finney?" He heard someone say. He turned around and was met with the face of his younger sister, Gwen.

"Hey Gwen," he smiled.

"Hey, we leave in 10."

"Okay, thanks for letting me know."

"Of course, how are you feeling?" She asked

Finney sighed heavily, "I'm not quite sure. Nervous I guess, I just hope it all goes well."

"Everything will be fine Finn, just stay safe."

Finney flashed her a smile, letting her know that he understood her. Gwen smiled back and left the room, leaving Finney to finish getting ready.

When he was done, he walked out of his room. Finney and Gwen had to leave soon, but yet Finney couldn't find their father. He assumed that he was drunk and passed out in his room, so he uncapped a pen and wrote him a note.

Hey dad, you weren't awake when we left but me and Gwen are headed to school. See you soon
-Finney

Finney hung the note up on the fridge with a magnet. He called for Gwen and together, they left their house and started walking to school.
They had a small conversation on the way, just about how they were feeling, their father, and reminiscing over memories from their home town.

"You gonna be okay?" Gwen asked as the approached the school.

"Yeah, I'll be alright Gwen." Finney smiled, he gave Gwen a tight hug before they had to go to their classes.

Finney took a deep breath, preparing himself for the rest of the day, and walked into his first class.

————————————
Time skip cuz I'm lazy
————————————

It was 1:15, half way through the school day. So far things have been okay. Finney had no trouble finding his classes, but he noticed that people would stare him down. It didn't necessarily bother him as he was used to it, but that didn't mean that it doesn't hurt him, just a little bit.

It was 6th period, lunch and Everyone sat around at tables with their friends. If Gwen we're here Finney would sit with her, but she wasn't as she was in the grade below him. So, Finney sat alone at a table. He wasn't even hungry, just bored.

He pulled out his notebook and started doodling to pass the time, he seemingly drifted off as the pen scraped against the paper.

"Hello?" He heard someone say, Finney lifted his head up and saw another boy. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt and jeans, a bandana wrapped around his head, his hair even hit his shoulders.

"Yeah?" Finney spoke up.

"Hi sorry, I kind of don't have anywhere to sit, can I sit with you?" The boy asked, adding a smile smile.

"Yeah sure," Finney moved his stuff and scooted over, allowing the other boy to sit next to him.

"Thank you. It's my first year here." The boy confessed

"Me too, hey what's your name?"

"I'm Robin, Robin Arellano. And you?"

"Finney, Finney Blake."

"Nice to meet you, Finney Blake." Robin smirked

"And you." Finn smiled back

"What were you doing?" Robin asked, peeking over Finney's shoulder.

"Oh, I was drawing. Trying to pass the time you know?"

"You can draw? I wish, the best I can do is a stick figure." Robin mumbled

Finney laughed at this, "You can look at my drawings if you'd like, I don't mind."

Robins eyes lit up, "Really?"

Finney didn't reply, he just handed him his notebook. Robin gladly took the notebook into his own hands and flipped through the pages. He stared at the drawings in awe.

"Dude you're like really good." Robin complimented

Finney felt heat rising to his cheeks, a slight pink tinting them.

"Thank you." He grinned as robin handed him the notebook back. For a second, they locked eyes and their hands brushed together.Robin stared at Finney, admiring him. Finney stared back, the pink on his cheeks getting darker.

"You know what Finney Blake?" Robin spoke up.

"What?"

"I think that you have a very pretty smile."
Robin grabbed Finney's chin, making Finney look at him.

Robin leaned in, he was now nose to nose with Finney. "You should smile more." He whispered, before he got up and walked off.

Finney sat there dumb founded, placing his hand where robins previously was, what just happened?

At least he now had an interesting story to tell Gwen.

————
May have mistakes 🫶🏻

This def sucks but that's Alr, also it's been like, forever. How are you guys?