Chapter 23

Chapter 23

(James's P.O.V.)

"That one was drawn by Bri. Apparently it's an owl." Liz chuckled into my shoulder as I pointed to one of the pictures on the ceiling of my bedroom.

We have been together officially for a little over a month and I have never been happier.

Not much has changed either. She is still a dork, Kelly and Ricky are still lovesick puppies, June is still as sarcastic as before and Josh still is clueless from time to time. Not much is gonna change in a month.

I guess that some things have changed.

Me, my mom, Liz, and her dad have all hung out a few times. Although both him and my mom seemed a little bit hostile at first, they have grown to really understand and like each other. They even hang out without me and Liz sometimes. Which is kinda strange.

Liz convinced me to play on talent nights every Friday and I have actually enjoyed it. I mean it's in a small coffee shop on the corner but it's still so much fun.

And every time I am through with playing, all my friends are there waiting for me.

I guess you could say that life is pretty good.

"What made you want to put all of these things on your ceiling?" Liz asked as she sat up, crossing her arms on my chest.

I looked at her and then back up at the ceiling and shrugged.

"I don't know actually. I guess," I paused. "I guess because every time I lay on my bed, I would look at these pictures and trinkets and never forget the story that each one holds."

"That's so corny." She laughed out and sat up.

"You asked and I answered."

"But you could have given me something less corny." She sing-songed and began roaming the room like she was searching for something.

"What are you looking for?" I sat up and watched as she delicately dragged her fingers on everything she passed by.

"Something to do." She stopped and turned around to look at me. Coolly, she leaned on my desk with her hands gripping the edge of it. She seemed so casual as she stood there waiting for me to say something.

But honestly I was speechless. Liz somehow does that to me. Leaves me speechless at the simplest things like just standing there.

"Why are you staring at me?"

Her voice broke me out of my daze and I gave her a smug smile before saying, "Because you're beautiful."

Rolling her eyes, she let out a breathy laugh.