Chapter 22

Chapter 22

(Lizzie’s P.O.V)

After me and James kissed, we ended up talking more to his mom until she had to leave to get Brianna. That left me and James alone to cuddle for a little while and for me to go over my lines for the play.

All in all we had a good night and we ended up sleeping in the corner of the music room on a beanbag.

As of now, we stood hand in hand in front of Kelly and Brandon’s house. To say that I was nervous was a huge understatement. I honestly didn’t want to face Brandon’s hurt expression. I mean come on the boy told me that he loved me a little over a week ago.

“On a scale of calm to shit your pants, how nervous are you?” James asked me while giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I shrugged. “Probably a going crazy.”

“It’ll be okay. I’m here for you.” James comforted me with a smile. I returned it as we finally walked up the path to the door.

“I can tell that you’re more nervous that you’re putting out to be.” James stated right as I raised my hand to knock on the door.

“How can you tell?” I asked, dropping my hand from it’s knocking position. “One, because you’re shaking and two, because you are squeezing the life out of my hand.” I quickly apologized and let go of his hand.

He laughed and shook head and his hand to regain feeling. “It’s fine.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and placed a nice kiss to the side of my head.

“You’ll be okay.” He reassured once more before knocking on the door. Soon enough, Kelly swung the door open to reveal herself with a gigantic smile on her face.

“Well hello lovebirds.” I rolled my eyes and smiled right back at her.

“Hello Kelly.” James spoke up, removing his arm from my shoulder and walking past Kelly.

I followed right behind him and Kelly behind me.

“You know my brother has been calling you for the past two days right?” Kelly accused as she jumped in front of us. I sighed.

“Yes I am aware. But I’m gonna settle it out today.” “Good because Brandon is moping in the living room as we speak. James you come with me.” She grabbed a hold of James’ arm, dragging him up the stairs to her bedroom.

“And now I’m alone.” I whispered.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I stepped in the living room to find Brandon laying on the couch. Honestly he looked like he hadn’t left the couch in the past two days. I scrunched my nose up as I breathed in. Hell, he smells like he hasn’t left the couch in the past two days.

Has he really been moping for the past two days?

His head shot up when I cleared my throat to gain his attention.

“Lizzie.” He jumped up from the couch in the blink of an eye. I gave a shy smile before waving slightly.

“Hi.”

“Why have you been dodging all of my calls? I have been trying to contact you.” I sighed and looked down at my hands.

“I know. “ I nodded and looked up. “And I’m sorry, but I really needed a break from everyone and everything.” Suddenly Brandons worried nature vanished.

“Sure as hell looked like you didn’t need a break from James.” He scoffed. There was so much attitude in his voice that it didn’t even seem like he was hurt. Just pissed off.