Chapter 13

Chapter 13

(Lizzie’s P.O.V)

Waking up the next morning with the sun in my eyes is a normal thing, but waking up with the sun in my eyes while curled up into Brandon's bare side was downright unreal.

I blinked, trying to adjust to the new source of light, and breathed in deeply, smelling the faint smell of sweat and vanilla.

Doesn't sound like a good mix, but it really wasn't that bad.

I looked around in search for my phone, remembering when Brandon had turned it off for being a distraction. Spotting my phone on my shorts, I leaned across him and quickly grabbed it without disturbing him.

I waited as it was turning on and replayed last night's events. I smirked and shivered at the thought of his mouth on my-

'I'm the initiator. I move in for the kiss. I slip the tongue. I start the fun. I like it like this. I like it like this.'

My phone rang louder than I expected and I quickly answered it without looking at the caller ID and hoping I didn't wake Brandon. Unfortunately, luck wasn't on my side.

"Hello?" I whispered. I felt movement and looked back to see Brandon's eyes open just enough to look at me.

"Lizzie!? Thank God you answered!  Are you okay?" I heard James's worried voice on the line and I sighed. I totally forgot that his parents were the reason that I am here right now.

"Yes James, I am f-fine." My voice faltered as soon as I felt Brandon's lips on the back of my neck. The bastard.

"That's great. Look I am really sorry about my dad. I want to make it up to you and take you out as an apology. Are you busy?" He asked wearily.

Brandon's lips never stopped their trail as James was talking. He was purposely trying to do this to me. I dislike him for this.

"A-actually I'm kind o-of s-sick today." I lied to him. I felt guilty lying but I still didn't feel quite comfortable around him.

I heard a pause on the other line. He suspected something. "Okay, I guess we will have to do it another time." I was thankful that he didn't say anything about it, but felt bad when I heard the disappointment and sadness in his voice.

"Yeah, definitely.  But I will talk to you LATER!" I moaned aloud as Brandon began to suck yet another hickey into my neck. Damn this boy. I should kill him.

"Are you okay?" James spoke in concern and curiosity.

"Y-yeah j-just fin-" I began, but Brandon interrupted me and blowing my whole cover. "Just hang up the phone babe. He will be okay. Besides now that I am rested, I am ready for round two." He chuckled into my neck as he took my phone and placed it on speaker.

"Liz, who the hell is th-" "Hey james, it’s me Brandon. Look Lizzie is a little bit pre-occupied at the moment, she is gonna have to call you back later." Brandon soon hung up the phone and turned it off again. I looked up at him with a playful smile and turned so I was facing him better.

"You sir are an asshole." I said while poking his chest. He chuckled again and wrapped his arm around my waist. "But I'm an asshole who just gave you an amazing night." I really couldn't deny that. "And, " He said while rubbing my back in a soothing way. "An asshole who wants to be your boyfriend." I blinked a couple of times at this statement.

Was he serious? I never really thought about dating him, but he never left my mind. Much like James never left my mind. It was kind of a battle between the two in my head and it sometimes gave me the biggest headache.