Part 5: Colette's Meeting

"Colette, hello. Please, sit." Queen Lauretta said mildly. Colette gulped and sat down, as nervous as anyone else would be when they were summoned into the queen's presence.

"As you know, Princess Illi ryn's lady in waiting has recently passed away. I need you to be the new Lady In Waiting."

Colette froze, awestruck. "But Your Majesty, I'd be a horrible Lady In Waiting! I'd just mess everything up, and make a fool of myself and Princess Illiria."

Queen Lauretta sighed, suddenly seeming a thousand years older than she actually was.

"Oh, well. It was a fun idea while it lasted. Do you have anyone you could recommend as a Lady In Waiting? At this point I'll take anyone, noble or bastard."

Colette thought furiously, not wanting to let the Queen down. At last, she had an amazing revelation.

"What about my dear friend Carmyn Laurier? She came to the castle as a servant not long ago, and is very responsible. " Colette said.

Lauretta paused, considering.

"I'll take it. Send Miss Carmyn Laurier up to my sitting room at 3pm tonight, to meet with Princess Ilaria and get ready for a nighttime picnic hosted by Baron Overton." The Queen finished. Colette nodded, and set off down the hall eager to send her message to Carmyn.