Chapter 25

An: I finally did it... holy crap I finally wrote something. I feel it was rushed a bit but hopefully you will enjoy it. 

 ֍

"Hello everyone!" Seth greeted lively as the children turned at his sudden entrance. Their eyes glimmered with familiarity as they hurriedly rushed towards him.

"It's the candy man!" A young boy squealed.

"Candyman?" A little girl asked, confused by the excitement of the others.

"Ah, it's sir Seth, you dummy!" The children quickly crowded the entrance, eager to taste whatever tasty treats Seth had brought for them. The young merchant eagerly smiled as he rummaged through his sling bag.

"Hi kids, were you good this day as well?" Seth asked as the children furiously nodded their heads.

"Yes, yes we are!" They replied eagerly.

"Oh, is that so? Then I have no other choice but to reward you then!" Seth smiled as he finally grabbed what he was searching for. "Tada! It is chocolate chip cookies!"

The little one's eyes widened in joy and excitement when they saw the bag. "Hooray! Sir Seth is the best!" Like a pack of starving wolves, the children eagerly waited for Seth to hand over their long-awaited sugary delight as their mouths watered.

All was fine and dandy until the shadow of despair loomed over. A hand suddenly snatched the sugary bag and the children's eyes widened into outrage. "H-hey! That is ours! We share it fair and square! Give it back you- eep!" The children fell silent when they saw who it was.

Their anger twisted into fear as their eyes landed on the unknown perpetrator. "Ah, it's sister Lucy!" The children cry in disbelief as Lucy crosses her arms.

"What did I say about sugars little ones?" Lucy's tone was controlled and tempered, but it terrified the rest of the children.

There was something eerie, something unsettling about Lucy's tone as she never raised her voice but commanded an equal, perhaps more measure of respect and discipline to the children. "B-but it's cookies!" One of the brave souls dared question her authority as Lucy turned to face the child.

"We have talked about this Arthur, no sweets until you finish your veggies." The little boy flinches but remains defiant.

"B-but it's cookies!" Arthur said.

"Arthur." Lucy replied patiently, but the boy remained stubborn.

"C-can't we have it just this once?"

"Arthur." Lucy emphasizes again as the little boy begins to tear up.

"It's just a cookie! Just one cookie!" Arthur begins to throw a tantrum as he stomps his feet and begins to cry. The others would have joined as well when Seth intervened.

"Hey hey, no need to cry. Sister Lucy here only said you can have one after you eat your veggies." Seth quickly soothed the boy when he saw Lucy paling.

No matter how hard she tried, Lucy was still weak against children. After knowing nothing but destruction for a lifetime, taking care of the children was a monumental task. Lucy did not know what exactly to do, but the chance of a new life was something she clung to desperately.

Still, she was unbelievably weak against their cries. Seth would have waited to enjoy her suffering more, but the coming retribution was something he liked to avoid.