Chapter 27

An: I've finally done it. An update. This is my early christmas present to you all. Advance merry chirstmas!

֍

It took everything from Iva holding those translucent tears from within as Elias studied his blade. His brow tenses for a moment as he violently swings his blade, washing the blood away from its steel. Iva's old instinct kicks in as she carefully studies the man before her.

Living in the streets was never kind to a child. Hunger and thirst were the least of their concerns as murderers and slavers stalked in the shadow of night. Although rusted and slow from the time of the orphanage, Iva quickly understood the gist of it.

Hair as dark as nightfall paired with Indifferent sapphire orbs. He dons a frost-like cobalt armor that shrouds his body with a silver cape hanging low behind him. With a silver blade that marked his status, he was a noble and a soldier through and through.

In a way, Iva was reminded of Lucy much to her displeasure though there was a heavy stark contrast. Where Lucy was struggling to control herself and was akin to a gentle first snow, Elias did not hide his displeasure as he was akin to a cold winter night.

Stranger still, it brought a sense of calm to the young girl much to her surprise. As cold as he was, Iva could not for the life of her stop contrasting him to Lucy. They look so eerily similar. Even with his charcoal-like hair, the eyes could not lie.

He was just like Lucy if Lucy was a man. "What is a child doing in this hour?" However, the illusion of comfort quickly shattered as Elias glared down at the goblin's corpse.

"My lord are you all right?" A knight quickly ran to his side as Elias gave a slight nod.

"I am fine, though I cannot say the same for the child." Elias said as the knight noticed Iva a moment later.

"What are you doing here little one? It's freezing tonight. You shouldn't be walking around barefooted like that." The knight said as he reached for Iva.

Reflex kicks in almost immediately as Iva avoids the knight's grasp. The knight hesitated for a moment as he reached out once more. Slower and much more careful this time, the knight whispered as softly as he could as he offered his hand this time instead of grabbing.

"Hey hey, no need to be afraid. Let me help you." Even when the helmet masked his face, Iva could tell the man was bearing no ill will like the others. Though it did little to comfort her glaring suspicion. A stalemate was then formed.

On one hand, the knight continued to offer his hand. Never forcing Iva, but never accepting a no for an answer as well. On Iva's part, she wanted to run away before Lucy and the sisters began searching for her, but her feet were not in top condition.

Adding to the fact they were the knights Lucy wanted to avoid, Iva did not want to get involved with the people that even Lucy avoided. With that being said though, she still could not walk without torturing his feet even further.

Before any agreement could be made with the two, Elias suddenly picked up Iva like a luggage as he trailed back to the town.

"Put me down right now!" Iva shouted in protest.

"My lord?! That's not how you treat a child!" The knight hurriedly trailed behind Elias as Iva struggled.

"Let go of me you..."