The First Meeting pt. 1

Chapter 1

Golden blinding lights. Music in her ear. Waves of laughter echoed. People dancing. Everywhere she looked there were happy faces. Even though this is not the event she wanted. Wearing a white suffocating gown selected by a famous designer, she looks at the smiles everywhere. Outside the hall, reporters are gathered just to get a picture of her dress. The guest list is full of famous businessmen and politicians. There were even some prime ministers and presidents sitting here. After all, who wouldn't come to the biggest wedding of the year? The sole heirs of Abbott Corporation and Duncan Corporation are getting married. Just a few months ago, both companies were at war with each other, competing for the top place. But here they are now.

She, Aylin Abbott, is getting married to Axel Duncan. Holding Axel's hand, she softly smiles at him as he smiles back. Even if this is the wedding she never wanted, at least she got to choose her husband.

Less than an hour ago, she had said 'I do' to this guy and she couldn't be much more relieved than right now. As soon as they were announced husband and wife, it felt like a huge burden was off her shoulders. Finally, she escaped. After so many years, she was finally....free.

This wouldn't have been possible had Axel not approached her first that day. No. Now that she thought about it, it all started that Christmas eve. It was the first time she saw Axel. And her life changed because of that one meeting.

Despite being the only daughter of Brendon Abbott, who is an influential famous businessman, Aylin liked to keep her life private from the media and even people. She didn't attend many social events and rarely went to annual dinners. At the parties that she used to go to, she would make sure to stay far away as much as she can from her father and all the people related to his business and social circle. She didn't want anything to do with them.

Therefore, that day, just like any other day, she refused to attend the annual Christmas party held by Zen Company. A common but major supplier of many companies. But unfortunately, her mother had come down with a cold. Therefore, she had no choice but to attend the dinner in her place. Being an introvert, she was dreadful and nervous as hell. People often mistook her silence as being shy. Even though it was not because she was shy, but because she didn't know how to talk to strangers that she kept quiet.

However, from an early age, she had to learn to greet people and be welcoming towards them because her father cares a lot about hosting and their reputation.

After wearing a red short dress that fitted just perfectly with her body, she wore silver heels and long earrings. Her brown hair was in loose curls and her makeup was done by her makeup artist. She looked like a doll. Her light brown doe round eyes accentuated her overall look. She wore red lipstick that completed her overall look.

Aylin personally has a very elegant classy style which is why her father lets her choose her clothes herself. But when they are the ones hosting a party, she doesn't even have the freedom to choose her clothes.

Aside from this, her makeup, hair, jewelry, and even her nails should be according to the trend to maintain her reputation.

To be honest, she liked dressing up for herself rather than for others. So she never understood this urge to follow the trend. Rather than that, on many occasions, she asked her father why do we have to follow the trends. Just because people are jumping into the well, doesn't mean we have to jump as well. But her father always clapped back with his saying that look for the reason. Perhaps the reason why people are jumping into the well is that there is a hidden treasure inside. She would try to argue back but as usual, she would get shut down.

Well, right now it's not the time to be thinking about the past. She sighed.

Currently, she was sitting in her limousine, tightening her fist, calming herself down.