His Intention

Chapter 10

The next morning, Aylin wakes with a severe headache. She thinks about how last night after eavesdropping on Axel, Eric, and Lexi, she felt guilty as hell and ended up drinking a lot. This was unlike her since she has never liked alcohol's taste and her alcohol tolerance is quite low.

But last night, she knew that deep down Axel would have once or twice thought of her motives behind why she agreed so quickly and how she managed to convince her father. She knew that it was normal and that it is his right to be suspicious but still.....why did it hurt her? Along with being hurt, she felt extremely guilty. It felt as if the guilt was going to eat her alive. She indeed used Axel to escape but it's not that she hates him. Still, her insecurities and anxiety flooded her mind. Slapping her cheeks softly, she shakes her head.

'No, don't think like that, Aylin. Let's be happy. We are in Paris right now. It was my dream to come here. I need to make the best of today.'

She grabs the list she made and smiles to herself.

'Axel has a meeting at dinner or at least that's what he told me yesterday so we have all day to hang out. I can't wait.'

She giggled to herself while excitedly getting out of bed. Looks like her hangover was still there because she took a few moments to find her balance.

At that moment someone rings their suite's bell. After quickly clearing her appearance, she opens to find Eric and Lexi standing there. Both were dressed up. They both were averting their eyes due to guilt over what they did yesterday. This is why they felt apologetic toward Aylin.

"Sorry to disturb you but is the boss awake?"

"Yes, I think he's in the shower. Is everything alright?"

"Actually the meeting has been pushed back. The chairman is here and wants to meet him for breakfast."

"Who wants to meet who?"

Axel who came out of the shower, wearing casual clothes asked. His hair was still wet so he was using a towel to dry it.

"The chairman wants to meet you for breakfast."

"Breakfast? Wasn't it lunch?"

"Lunch? Wasn't it dinner?"

Aylin stepped into the conversation. Axel retorts,

"No, sorry. Yesterday, it shifted to lunch. I forgot to tell you. Sorry."

"It's fine."

"What's the plan now?"

Axel asked Eric who replied,

"He wants to spend the whole day with you seeing how you are his friend's son."

"Tell him no. I have got plans."

He said, glancing at Aylin. He had planned to hang out with her before and after the lunch meeting.

"Are you sure? He came all the way here for you so..."

"No. I said I have plans."

"Axel, it's fine. You originally came here to meet him so I don't want your plans to be disrupted because of me. You should go."

Aylin remarked politely but Axel shook his head,

"No. You wanted to hang out and even made that list. And my plans aren't being disrupted because of you, it's because of that chairman that keeps changing his mind."

"It's fine. My list isn't that important."

"If I may, we can hang out with Miss Aylin. This way we will bond as well."