Her Dilemma

Chapter 14

The next morning, Axel went to the office early before Aylin could wake up. When Aylin woke up, she quickly got breakfast and went shopping with Lexi.

All throughout, she couldn't stop thinking about last night. Just two days ago, everything was normal. Then what happened?

Seeing her looking so down, Lexi tried to comfort her.

"Did you fight with Axel?"

"...It's not like that."

"Then? What happened? Tell me, if he did something wrong. I will take care of it."

This makes Aylin chuckle,

"Thank you but we may have a slight disagreement."

"On what?"

"That...even I'm not sure of. It started with eating together....then...about what happened when I got drunk last night."

"Why were you drunk?"

"...that's a long story."

"Is that all? I feel like there's something more."

"Well, I may be overthinking this. I mean, Axel did say it's not like this. But I feel like he has been avoiding me all day yesterday. He wouldn't even look me in the eyes. But I think he's just tired."

"I don't think so. No matter how tired he is, why would he not look at you?"

"Then what is the reason?"

"I don't know. Did you ask him and he denied it?"

Aylin nods in answer.

Lexi hmms. She knows Axel loves and cherishes Aylin so his reacting like this doesn't feel right.

"Also, umm...I was wondering what type of girl Axel likes?"

"Huh? Why?"

"Just curious."

Aylin replied, playing with her fingers.

"Oh dear, let me tell you. If you're thinking about becoming his type, then don't. Take it as a life lesson. Never change yourself for someone else. You just need to be you. The other will eventually come to like you."

Her words made Aylin's eyes flicker. All her life Aylin had tried molding herself to others. So that others would be pleased. She worked hard just to become someone her father would be proud of. Or even gave attention to.

"...thank you. I'll keep that in mind. But still, just out of curiosity, do you know his type?"

Lexi shrugged in return,

"I don't know. Aren't you his type?"

"I am not sure."

"By the way, you're asking me this because you want to impress him tonight and want him to look at you again?"

Aylin's cheeks turned red which Lexi took as her answer.

"Well, I don't know much about his type, but I will still help you. Let's go all out!"

"Thank you!"

They went to different shops and tried on different clothing. In the end, they went with a backless, sleeveless, low neckline long dress that fit perfectly at the curves. Aylin didn't want to wear it because she felt uncomfortable wearing clothes that showed too much skin. And this dress was one she never wore in her life and never imagined she would wear it.

"Are you sure you want to wear this? Aren't you uncomfortable with such clothes?"

Lexi inquired. Aylin, who was looking at past photos of Axel with other girls, in the magazines or at an event, nodded her head. The girls in the photos were wearing similar clothes.