Hate, Anger, and Frustration,

Chapter 18

The next morning, Axel wakes up feeling groggy with a sharp headache. Holding the temples of his forehead, he tries to recall what happened. When was the last time he got this drunk?

He thinks about Aylin and how he knows he should just have a one-to-one talk with her to clear up everything but he also knows that she's hiding something and she refuses to open up to him. Although he does respect her privacy. He can't help her and their relationship if she wouldn't tell him what's really bothering her. For this reason, he had requested Eric to once again run a background check on her. There are a few things that don't click. She did come clean about being a spy but there are still some pieces of the puzzle missing in this whole game. He gets up to get himself a glass of water and when he looks at the time, he realizes that he is late so he gets ready.

As he leaves his room to go to the office, he sees Aylin standing all dressed up for the office. She was wearing a white shirt with black pants. Her hair was high in a pony. For a second there, he had gotten confused as to why she was all dressed up. Then it hits him that he had formed a contract with her.
Oh shit. He had yet to speak to the rest of the people at his office about this. But since he also made a commitment to her, he doesn't want to tell her to wait. Making her wait isn't even an option. But he is worried about how the people at his office might react. Since they all like him, he thinks they will also like her.

"Let's go."

She adds, bringing him back from his thoughts.

He nods in return, feeling embarrassed about how she had seen him drunk last night.

On the way, there was this awkward silence and heat in the car. Both had things to say to each other but they avoided eye contact. Until Aylin remembers all the files she had gathered yesterday.

"Oh right. As per our contract,"

Her words make Axel scowl in annoyance, but she continues speaking,

"Here you go. I gathered some data that might be of use to you. Actually, do you know about Willow and Butler? Both are part of the presidential elections committee. Father recently became quite good friends with them. And they both are friends with the person who is in charge of the mayor commission committee, Jeffrey. The announcement for the mayor's elections is coming up pretty soon. They need funding and extra funding if you know what I mean."

"What? Is this going where I think it is going?"

Axel turns to her in surprise and she nods in response, adding,

"Yes. The business union members are sort of divided as you already know. The three top companies are Zen Company, Father's, and yours. The Zen company is sort of on the neutral side as you know it."

"Yeah, he's not really interested in union politics."

"Yet he is the union's head."

"Because my company and your father's company didn't want each other to be the head so we chose a neutral party."

"Yes, well like I was explaining. The union is divided into three. One side with you, one with my father, and one remains neutral. So before father announces that he will partake in the mayor's elections, he will need to make sure he has the maximum number of voters and funding."

"So your father is planning to run for mayor and he wants the Zen Company to support him. But this is just a mayor's election, he doesn't need that much support does he?"

"He plans to gather allies now for later on when he goes into the federal assembly."

"He plans to run for the presidency in the future??"