Secrets and Fights

Chapter 20

TRIGGER WARNING: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND FOUL LANGUAGE.
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

"What are you doing here?"

Sam, as if it was his own house, sat down, with his feet up on the table and added,

"Aren't you going to order coffee for me? I'm a guest."

Axel glares in response. Sam gulps and taking his feet off the table sits properly. Clearing his throat, he adds,

"Actually, I'm here to ask for help."

"Is Aylin alright?"

"No."

"What!"

"No, I mean she is alright right now. But this is related to her. Can you sit down? Let's talk."

Axel sits down.

"First of all, I need to know something. I need to make sure. Do you truly love Aylin or are you just using her for revenge?"

"I love her. I don't want her to take any part in this rivalry."

"....I'll take your word it. I don't have time right now to make sure if what you are saying is true or not. But either way, what I am about to tell you is gonna help you so listen carefully. I'm sure you must have already sensed that things are not so as perfect between Aylin and her father as they seem. How much of that do you already know?"

"Just that her father is quite controlling."

"But do you know how he controls her?"

"What do you mean?"

"Have you ever thought of why Aylin has never once retaliated against her father? She's also a human being. She's bound to get exhausted one day or another and snap back, right? But she didn't. And it isn't because she loves him. It's because that man is holding her mother as a leverage. Ever since we were little, if she did anything of the sort that he did not like or when she refused to do something that he had ordered, he would tell her how disappointed he is in her and how he had so much expectations for her. Saying that, he would beat up her mother and tell Aylin that it was her fault that her mother is getting beaten up, if only she would've listened. Think about it. How would a child feel and would do in this situation except to obey that man just so their beloved mother, the only person in the household who cares for her would not get hurt? It's true the people including the servants don't treat her right. Even I never used to because we were all taught by that man that Aylin is just a doll that should do what it's told and thats about it."

"...What the hell...why won't Mrs. Abbott leave that man?!"

"She calls it love. But you know, just between you and me, that woman loves fame, money and all the perks that comes with being such a man's wife."

"...If only I knew beforehand, I could've helped her sooner."

"How could she tell you? You're her father's enemy. If you come to our house, you'll realise that ever since we were little, we were told to hate you because you are a bad person. Also, it's not like she never went to anyone for help. She went to her highschool friends, but they all thought she was just seeking attention and pretending to be 'normal'. And it's not like she never once retaliated against her father. She did. Back in middle school, she tried to kill herself because she thought if she didn't exist then her mother wouldn't have to go through all of this torture. Although, just recently she talked back to him. She wants her mother to run away with her because she believed you, her husband, is a nice man who will be able to protect and help them. And my question is, will you?"