The First Meeting pt.2

Chapter 2

"Oh, by the way, my name is Axel Duncan. What's yours?"

"Oh."

Her eyes go round upon hearing his name. Who wouldn't recognize the name of her father's enemy?

She should have done some research before. Since Aylin never paid attention to other people that she didn't know, she had only heard his name come up in conversations but had never seen his picture before. Did she just make a huge mistake by talking to him? Should she tell him her real name? She doesn't want to. What if he stops talking to her after hearing her name? Maybe he already knows her name. But he wouldn't ask for her name if he knew it, right? She gulped.

She was thinking of any fake name to give to him but then one of her bodyguards interrupted,

"Miss Aylin, Mr. Abbott would like to tell you that if you wish to go home, you may leave."

"Ah, I got it."

She replied as she nervously glanced at Axel whose eyes had gone wide after he realized who she was.

"...You're the Aylin Abbott?"

"...yeah. Is that a problem?"

"Don't you know?"

He replied instantly

"I do....well, I guess this is it."

She answered, feeling a little down.

"What is what?"

"Aren't you going to leave now?"

She asked surprised.

"Do you want me to leave?"

He retorted, causally.

"Well....we really shouldn't be talking to each other."

"I don't see any problem in that. Our fathers used to talk to each other."

"But it was mostly sarcasm and dissing each other."

She reminded him.

"That's true. However, we didn't talk like that, did we? We talked simply as Axel and Aylin. It may be only me but I had fun talking with you."

"...me too."

"Then it's fine to keep talking. There are no paparazzi allowed inside so there won't be a scandal. So we can just be ourselves and have fun."

"This is a new experience. Talking to your father's enemy's son."

"Same. It's not bad though."

She smiled as an answer.

Even though they both just declared that there are no hard feelings between each other just because of their father's rivalry but after telling each other their names, the air had become awkward.

"Can I ask you a question? I have a feeling you'll be able to give an answer that's similar to mine."

Her sudden serious tone surprised him but he nodded in return.

"Are you happy?"

"Happy as right now? Or happy regarding what?"

"Just generally. Are you happy?"

"...Why are you asking?"

"I know it may seem out of the blue. But someone recently asked me this and I didn't know what to answer. This is why I was curious as to how you would answer this. You don't have to answer if you don't want to."