Wounds, Secrets, and Scars

Chapter 27

TRIGGER WARNING : MENTION OF PHYSICAL ABUSE. READ AT OWN RISK.

After the announcement was made, a press conference was held inside the headquarter of Alex's office.

Reporters filled the audience with camera flashing and news channels gathered to cover this live moment.

Aylin was shaking before going in front of them. She knew she had to tell forward the truth but her tendency to stay away from the media, and not be the center of attention came forth making her both scared and nervous.

"You alright?"

"Yes..."

Aylin said grabbing Axel's hand as they both went outside.

Upon their sight, the reporters stood up and started taking pictures and bombarding them with various questions.

"Miss Aylin! What do you have to say about your mother's murder?"

"Miss Aylin! Were you aware that your mother was going to be killed?"

"Where were you when your mother got killed?"

"Have you seen your mother yet?"

"Have you talked to your father yet?"

"Are you aware that your husband might be involved in this murder?"

"Mr. Axel, two of your men are under suspicion right now. What do you have to say about that?"

"Did your rivalry go so much that you had your wife's mother killed?"

"Miss Aylin! Are you siding with your husband knowing that he might have killed your mother?"

"WAIT PLEASE WAIT. ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED."

One of their secretaries announced before stepping back and motioning towards Axel and Aylin.

At this, Aylin inhaled a sharp breath and spoke into the mic,

"My husband did not kill my mother. The one who killed my mother is my father, Brendon Abbott."

"How can you claim that?"

"Do you have any proof?"

"Were you forced by your husband to say these words?"

"....the first time I had gotten beat up by my father was when I was three years old and I had accidentally spilled water. When I was four, I was about again about to get beaten up by my father when my mother...... protected me and got hurt instead. That man....my father...."

Aylin looked down as if all the memories were flashing in her mind, all the screams, shouts, and pain.

"....he continued to beat my mother whenever I went against him or did something he did not like. My mother wasn't ill like he used to say she was whenever she couldn't come to an event. It was because she was suffering from all the beating up and he didn't want to world to see. I couldn't ask someone for help because he would find out and then continue to beat up my mother and threaten to kill her and me whenever we wouldn't do something he wanted. He continued to blackmail me for years.....the only time I took a step against him was when I told him I wanted to marry Axel. He didn't agree at first but the only reason he did so was so that he could use me as a way to hurt Axel. When I refused, he again tried beating up my mother and tried to force me to agree. He wanted me to claim that Axel would beat me so that he could file a false case against him. I know my husband. He would never do such a thing so I refused once again. This time my mother also left him since she was tired of this toxic relationship.....every one of you sees the media and hears my father talk about how much he adores and cherishes his daughter and his wife. The media calls me the princess whom everyone envies. But the truth is far from it. I was never a princess. I was more like a doll at that house who only had to follow orders....after all of this, last night my mother came to meet and warn me that my father might be planning to kill me. It is after that that we lost contact with my mother....until......"