His Lies

Chapter 13

Aylin wakes up with a severe headache. She remembers how she couldn't stop puking last night. Holding the temples of her forehead, she groans. Her eyes shifted to the side table where tablets with water were put aside for her. She realizes it must have been Axel because Janet isn't allowed to come upstairs.

'Just what happened last night?'

Trying to recall the events of the night, she sees images of her talking to Janet. Janet stopped her from drinking. And....Axel. He carried her to the bedroom. And...then...what? Did she cry? Why was she crying?

Panic took over her facial expression. She wished she could remember everything about last night. Why was she crying? What happened?

'Oh god! I embarrassed myself again in front of Axel! I'm too ashamed to face him..'

She internally screams for a few seconds. After which, she takes a deep breath. She gains composure and then decides to just ask him. Besides today was the holiday they were looking forward to and she had already wasted half a day asleep. It was 1 pm right now and she felt apologetic towards Axel because he was also looking forward to this day.

After showering, and getting ready. She goes downstairs to look for Axel but he wasn't there. Even Janet didn't know where he went. She tried calling him, but his phone rang in the living room next to her. However, he wasn't even there.

After an hour, she was starting to get really worried so she called Lexi asking her if she knew where Axel went. Lexi says she doesn't know which adds to her worry.

It was around 3 pm now and Axel still wasn't here. She pondered over who to call and ask, when suddenly the main door opens and in comes Axel wearing a black hoodie and looking as if he had not slept all night.

"Axel! I was worried about you! Where were you?"

Axel gets surprised by her reaction. He thought she wouldn't want to see him. But then it occurred to him that may be she doesn't remember what she said last night. Should he be grateful for this or disappointed?

"I just went out for a walk."

"At least take your phone with you. I was so worried."

"Sorry, I left it at home. My bad."

"..Is everything alright? You look like you did not sleep all night?"

"That's not true."

"No, you're lying. Oh my god! Did I do something embarrassing last night and bothered you?"

"...no. You just fell asleep."

"Oh, but you look so tired. I know there is a lot of work these days, but at least take a break."

She reached out her hand to grab his but he avoided it. This makes her feel a pang in her heart. Did he just avoid her? But she may be overthinking this. Maybe it wasn't intentional.
Smiling, she added,

"Then how about today we can just rest instead of going out? You also seem exhausted."

"Are you sure?"

He asked while averting his gaze. This was something that also bothered Aylin because ever since he came back, he wasn't looking at her at all.

"Yes, it's fine. Let's just relax."

She tried to grab his arm but he moved forward saying,

"If that's the case then I'll go to sleep first. You're right, I am a little bit tired."

"Oh...okay. Yeah, you should."

Axel leaves a confused Aylin to go to sleep.
Aylin then turns to Janet asking her about last night. Janet explains to her everything she knows and says,