Chapter Forty- Four

I awoke.

There was no dramatic performance anymore.

I was alive, or rather dead, but alive.

I was no longer a human and that fact alone was enough to sent me into a raging panic.

"Cordelia, are you alright?" Samuel asked, walking towards me, with caution.

I was staring into the unknown, unable to release any words to express how I was feeling.

Was I in shock?

Can the dead go into shock?

"Cordelia?" Florence asked, kneeling down in front of me.

I was not sure if I could even move.

It was as though I was traumatized.

Was I even myself anymore?

Perhaps I was only a vessel now.

I flinched as Samuel rested his hand on my back.

So I can move.

"Cordelia, can you speak?" Florence asked.

"Do not rush her" Samuel spoke.

I carefully turned my head, spotting Killian's body.

Oh Killian.

I gasped, as images quickly filled my head, making me grab onto the ground for something steady.

Feeling so much pain, as I tried to escape. Everyone was watching my attempt to break past the door.

Killian making advances towards me as he tried manipulating me into trying to fulfill his desires.

Killian forcing himself on me, while I only wanted him to get away.

Killian making me feel weak, by using his manipulation skills to get the best of me.

Being forced to leave Theodore's body in the alley.

Theodore.

Every detail of Theodore's death rushed through me, as though I was reliving it.

I cried out, feeling pain all over again, as Killian ended his life.

Now I know why I have constantly felt so lost.

Killian has been stealing memories from me, to make everything easier for me.

He reached in, taking what wasn't his to take.

Realization hit me.

He killed Theodore.

Some human wandering the streets did not kill Theodore.

Images of Theodore dying in front of me were breaking my heart.

"I told you to run!" I cried out, while Florence and Samuel both watched me.

Killian would not let him run away.

I glared, feeling wrath take over me, while I stumbled trying to stand.

I pushed Florence and Samuel away from me, as I let out a scream of pain.

Rushing over to Killian's body, I began beating him, slamming my fists down to his heartless chest.

He played with my emotions and took advantage of me.

How dare he!

I took the stake out of his heart and raised it over his body, overwhelmed and livid, while I panted like a deranged animal.