Chapter Sixteen

(Cordelia's dress)

After looking through the wardrobe, I finally picked out a dress that was also fairly extravagant, especially considering how I would only be indoors. 

However, I was practically enchanted by the dark colors that most of the dresses possessed. Even the colors that were normally light or bright, they all had such dark, rich tones.

The dress I had chosen shimmered in the sunlight and though it was the least revealing, it still hugged my body tight. 

I quickly brushed my hair, wanting to make it look less of a mess, even though it had already improved greatly, after washing it.

After checking my appearance for the seventh time, I finally assured myself that I looked decent enough to go downstairs.

Of course, after reaching the stairs, I had run into Florence, who looked overly giddy.

"Cordelia, there you are! Killian has tossed around an idea that would involve you getting to leave for the evening" she grinned "It really is a lovely thought"

And once again, there was that word.

She took my head and led me down the stairs, into a parlor, where Annabeth was seen, with a drink in her hand.

She looked absolutely annoyed.

Killian grinned at the sight of me and stood, waiting for me to sit down, which I did, just to get this whole idea moving.

"And what exactly is this idea that has you all smiling suspiciously" I asked, shifting in my seat.

Florence grinned "We are going to throw a ball, to bring life into this place"

"But only for an evening, because this is hardly a permanent thing" Killian interrupted.

"A ball, as in a ball with people?" I looked at them "Human people?"

Samuel nodded, amused at my reaction.

"But you all drink blood- human blood and you would be around dozens of them" I said, wanting to make sure they were not thinking wickedly "Wait, they are not coming to be the food, are they?"

Archibald chuckled "Oh dead, we can control our urges, you know?"

Annabeth scoffed "Speak for yourself"

Killian rolled his eyes "Excuse her, she is only saying that to get a reaction from you"

Annabeth stood, throwing her glass to the ground "Would you quit trying to impress this weak human! If I wanted a reaction, I would give one worth watching" she glared "I could give one know if you all wish to see a show"

I sunk back into my seat and Killian stood in front of me, glaring ahead to Annabeth.

"Let us all just calm down, shall we?" Florence said, standing as well. 

I felt a relaxing sensation fill over me and Annabeth let out a groan.

"I have told you over and over again that I despise you using your damn power over me!" Annabeth said, taking her seat once more. 

"Well I certainly would not have to use it if I did not find it necessary" Florence said, looking over at Killian.

He looked absolutely flustered.

"Do not bother fighting it, Killian" Rosalyn said, annoyed. 

He sighed and sat down, moving closer to me.