Chapter 12 - Lull

"Lies... All of it..."

Velvet's boiling glare burned away through memory, hissing her words quietly as the dainty petals of the Princessia she held dearly swayed in the biting air, having overcome the sheer icy marsh and sprouted deep with the snow. "They say flowers have different meanings and stuff, right? Any idea what Princessias signify?" the samurai questioned with a scratch of his chin.

The daemoness crushed the flower in her hand with a growl of inward anger, while her tone did not match the rush she felt boil within. "Betrayal," she stated with a conflicted expression, letting the damaged remnants trail out of her open palm and onto the innocent white.

Rokurou raised an eyebrow at the shift in atmosphere, "Oh?" he goaded, waiting for a further explanation. Instead, she continued her trek back towards the Boreal smothered in ice; relishing in the view of various creatures crawling out from under the chilling mattress. She had something to work out of her system.

Squelch!

While the brooding ravenette brutalised the ambushing daemons, the samurai aimed a questioning look over to the other ambient figure who idly crouched by the floral corpse. Sarid just wordlessly shook his head with closed eyes.

It didn't take long to reach their destination again, and as they went to travel back through their shortcut, there was only one issue.

"...Is this really necessary?" Velvet snarled as she stood with a harsh deadpan, having her arms crossed as she leant against the wall. She was instantly hushed by the white-haired malak who peered around the corner for the third time already.

"Yes, it is. Unless you want to parade around the city covered in blood?" Sarid asked incredulously, picking up a hefty bucket he may or may not have stolen from a neighbouring trade ship. The daemon huffed, looking away from the preparing man. The samurai who stood nearby stifled a chuckle at what he was witnessing, only to immediately quieten as he recieved one of the stronger glares from the daemon woman.

Velvet had gone a little too far with her bouts, dousing her in a unnatural amount of crimson liquid that wouldn't pass for a hunt. Therefore, Sarid had the amazing idea of quickly washing off the equivalent of a hungry lion; a lion that eyed him a bit too dangerously for his liking. The daemoness grumbled as she began to brood once again, caught up in her thoughts as she wordlessly evaluated their next plan of action. 'We've got that daemon's tail, should suffice as enough evidence for his death. Now, we just have to talk to the guild and--!' She was suddenly interrupted, as an extremely uncomfortable sensation wracked her body. "Hah!?" she randomly sounded out, until her eyes focused on who stood in front of her.

Sarid stood a bit away with a slightly irritated expression, while Rokurou stood off to the side with mildly widened eyes. He had thrown ice cold water over her with the bucket.

"There," he simply said, proud of his action. "You can't feel the cold, and this will slowly wash off anything el--" He stopped, finally adjusting to the view in front of him.

Velvet sighed heavily as she looked over her form. Chilling water she couldn't feel gently cascaded down her fair skin, soaking into what little clothing she did wear under the long onyx coat, causing it to hug her tighter in a discomforting manner. Smudges of ivory steadily faded and washed away under the veil of aqua she had been covered in, the distinct vermillion now only mildly contrasting with parts of her cloak. She raised her hand, as droplets slowly dripped from running along her unblemished muscles. "You..." she whispered in discontent.

"Didn't know you were into that, Sarid," Rokurou stated with a smug look, truly unaffected by the sight. However, the only human there felt his mind go slightly haywire for a split second, until he shook it off with a quick whip of his head.