Chapter 33 - Sacrilege

"So, Magilou. Which way to the worship hall?"

Stepping out onto pristeen royal azure carpet, the group cast their eyes upon the first glimpse of Loegres Villa. Decor of high quality wound about the rotunda, its lavish hallways that circulated around the center of Abbey Command were dotted at the sides with many doorways and seperate chambers. Above, surrounded by the steely haze wrought by the unlit structure, were gilded lanterns and chandeliers, motionless in the vacant silence of this abode. With two parallel halls converging in one circular motion - with no clear direction - the daemoness scoured the shadowed surroundings and past crisp argent columns, deciding to ask the one who had apparently been inside the villa before.

"Hmm. Which way indeed?"

Velvet frowned as the Witch dismissively hopped past, mockingly taking in the sights of posh royal banners. "I asked you a question," she growled sternly.

"I told you I've been here before, but I never said I was an EXPERT."

As the commotion began again, the watching group collectively sighed at the hopeless magician that served only to drag down their progress. They had just got inside, does she know the villa at all?

"And I said we'd dump you if you started to annoy me."

"Dump me? Then you'll need to look for a trashcan first."

A groan mumbled out at the side, an irritated scratching of cheek with his tired words. "...Best to keep an eye out, then..."

Sighing in relent, the Therion's fists bound tight as she shook her head with tensed canines. "I'm the fool for even TRYING to hold a conversation with you."

Magilou's grin stretched wide, the pride of meaningless victory fuelling her strange and irritable antics once again, "That's the spirit. Loosen up those shoulders, and the way forward ought to make itself plain!"

~~~

"Halt! Intruders!"

In a storm of stomping steel on laminated spruce, patrolling royal lancers rushed in with brazen metal and forms bound in reason, bearing aureate and resolute spears and steadfast shields against the venturing assassins. Nonetheless, their unfeeling hearts that beat without emotional purpose would always falter in the face of Calamity.

Clang!

Hardened and a willful edge, poised in absolute stoic defense, remained unshaken as the strength of the determined soldier lashed at the guard; bold polearm creaking with exertion as the armoured guardsman failed to yield. "I'll defend this villa, as it's my purpose!" The man had cried under an echoing helm.

"...Glorified tincan." Refined - however crude - in the wake of this journey, the half-malak closed himself off from the unfettered shouts as he wrestled the weaponry apart, carving down upon his vulnerable spear-arm and rattled the helm with a stunning hilt check. The blade wound back, then slammed through the resilient abdomen with terrifying ease, a single stab settled in the gut. Sarid nodded with dignity and resigning sigh, before thrusting his left palm to a still, viridescent wind sending the gasping body across noble grounds; its screeching alloy clattering amongst groaning boards.

Swiping the crimson-dipped blade hardly across the shoulder and shaking off the sting prickling his open hand, he stepped back in tow with the group that ventured on, leaving behind a bloodied path to trail garnered halls.

Sauntering ahead, golden glare snapping from doorway to doorway, Velvet made quick work of dispatching any encroaching forces with swift bouts of unparalleled strength and ferocity, the trailing lancers that scattered past made quick work of by the crew clicking at steel heels. After a few painfully grating 'Magikazams' by a certain 'Magi-lou' - paired with a highly deserved smack from the irritated Reaper - the unfortunately fortunate band of destructive assassins continued their unyielding push through the weak and fallible human forces in search of their target.