Chapter 19 - Pain is Truth

A grisly cry of ferocity rumbled across the deck, the clean steel of a gauntlet blade carving deep within the scaled flesh of humanoid lizard; dropping it lifeless to the boarded ground. The remaining group scoured the ghostly vessel, but all that appeared was the ribboned pieces of the daemons that nestled upon its spacious structure. As ivory sank through the floorboards - staining its pristeen material - Velvet turned to address the uncouth pirate who's steps creaked across the noble ship. "Is it done Eizen?" she questioned hurriedly, the innocent aura of the young malak hovering at her side.

The man nodded confidently, dusting his gloved palms free of the blackened smudges over them. "We're set. It also serves as a good signal for the Van Eltia," he mentioned on the side. Saving them from taking another step in their arduous plan. From above, flailed the loosened white sails that soared along the oceanic breeze, and down came the figure with spark of gold.

"It pays to be thorough," Sarid mused with a mild nod.

Back among the chambered mountain underground, was the deathly silence of a finished duel. Rokurou's twin blades flicked downwards in his grip, as he heaved a disappointed sigh during the shink of his blades entering his sash. "That was about the saddest practice I've ever had..." the yaksha groaned with a flex of his shoulder. Suddenly, his lone eye of apricot hardened with conviction. "...But at least I learned where he is." The door creaked open, and the samurai readjusted his shoulder piece in practice, until the familiar clinking of chains relayed her presence. Rokurou's rough expression lit up upon catching the sight of his four allies entering the lacerated chamber once again. "Yo! The Abbey's my goal now, too. Now I can do what I have to do and repay my debt at the same time," he explained with a cheerful grin.

However, the unmistakable scent of harsh iron caught the ravenette's keen nostrils first, but the abrupt gasp of surprise coming from the young boy steered her gaze towards the perpetrator, his wariness not alone under the watchful grimace of concerned cerulean at his side. A beaten corpse, garnished with the practiced cuts of a warrior and doused with the common drawl of death; lay headless upon the ruined cobbled stone. His once glimmering helmet of prideful golds and the engravings of a praetor, gashed and caved upon his proud robes. "Is this your doing?" she questioned with a cross of her arms.

"What? Is there a problem?" Rokurou confusingly enunciated, hands poised upon his hips in neutral tone. The killing was expected, but its brutality no less brow raising, as the samurai stood still; blood governing the veils of purple that draped among his cleanly whites and warm shades.

"No," Velvet simply replied, while a hum of thought wandered from the rear.

"A fine companion for the reaper," Eizen finally spoke, no less impressed by the yaksha's willingness to clear his way.

Number Two stayed mindlessly silent, too inexperienced to properly gouge an opinion of the beastly killing. However, all that opposed such brutish dispelling of life, stayed silent amongst the turmoil of acceptance. His innocent white that he so warmly presented over his features didn't appear so innocent any longer.

BOOM!

Sarid flinched. But, the others made no visible reaction to the eruption of flames soon to smother the once great battleship, and reduce it to useless embers of burned ash among teal waters. But, even as he grew to allow this group's antics to go on, he was no less vulnerable to such dispassion among the crude destruction of innocent life. Her watchful eye always remained on him, waiting for a slip up to consume the blaze of potential strength wallowing within.

Although, the dark hint of a wry snort before him that dissipated into a clear of her throat cut his train of thought.

Velvet frowned at the notion she let slip, but instead brought her wandering attention back to the giddy samurai that spun on his heel before them. "Everything's ready. Let's get our gate on," he excitedly joked with a nod. She grunted with annoyance, exasperated, as they began their trek back through the beast-ridden halls of the fallible 'impenetrable' Vortigen. Heading back through the winding chambers and oozing bodies of all that stood in their way - making sure not to leave their power 'unused' - the group found the once drastic numbers of daemons dwindling as they sawed through the forces of darkness with an unwitting lack of mercy. Soon enough, the splayed out steps they once climbed ran downwards into the familiar crossroad room. But, while the majority immediately stepped over to the great metal doors that barred their freedom, only one noticed a lack of a body still dropped amongst the room's dusted emptiness. Not important.