23 - Blood Sweat & Tears

Faye

"Bom dia," I greet my boss as I enter the office, this time dressed adequately.

"Bom dia, miss ...?"

He glares at me, fakely pretending that he forgot my name-what a douchebag.

"Ebner?" I return the same uncertainty to play along.

"Right. The one who comes to the office without a bra on."

Oh, my God, that's the road we're hitting - as you wish.

My boss is clearly prone to hyperbole. Yesterday I was the one who did not show up at work for a month. Today I'm the one who comes to the office without a bra. Let's see who I'll be tomorrow.

I doubt he is a bad man (when he's not worshipping Satan), but his attitude is hands down horrible. He is as clever as the Devil and twice as handsome. A toxic combination that haunts me anywhere I go.

He towers over him in his black suit, white cotton shirt, and matching black tie, looking at me, possibly waiting for a reaction. But I don't bother to give him any satisfaction for the unnecessary comment.

His hair is wildly falling on his forehead, enhancing his sculpted face with a strong, straight and freshly shaved jawline. His light green eyes are sparkling with an unhealthy thirst for controversy as he continues to stare at me like he's asking me to defend myself.

I am not stupid enough to get into any fight with my new boss, who obviously has power over me between these walls. Instead, I smile politely and sit at my desk.

"In my office, Ebner. Now," he orders in a cold tone, getting inside his office.

Chaeyeong chews her lips nervously as she watches the entire scene. Himchan and Yong are looking at each other, unable to comprehend what I did wrong to upset the fragile state of our precious manager.

On the other hand, I couldn't care less.

He has nothing on me. My work here is immaculate, my input is worthy, and his personal frustrations should be kept home. If he's willing to drag them into our friendly environment, it may end badly for him.

I get up and follow him, gently closing the door behind me as I take a seat at his desk. The atmosphere is supposed to be comfortable. Too bad the Brazilian Devil did not get the memo.

"Anything wrong, sir?"

He leans on his desk, looking down at me with his hands in his pockets.

"I've been told that the last project's setup was your idea. Is it true?" he pierces my soul, waiting for an answer.

"It is."

"Explain."