10

A/N: Takes place a few days after Friday........

Luci drives to the airport to pick up her Abulea who's from California. She collects her Abulea's luggage and notices Jane outside of the airport, in the loading dock.

Is that her?

"Jane!"

The girl turns her head, Luci waves frantically at her, she runs after her into a bone crushing hug.

"Ana!"

"Hey, I thought it was you!"

"Yes it's me!"

Will, Joyce, Jonathan and Jim walk over to where Jane was.

"Hi honey!" Joyce pulls her in a tight hug.

"Hey Joyce!"

"Hey Will!" Luci pulls him into a hug.

"Hey Ana."

Luci and Jonathan don't really talk much even though their siblings know each other. She waves at him and gives her a smile and a wave.

"What are you doing here?"

"It's a surprise, you weren't suppose to know until tomorrow," Joyce laughs.

"My lips are sealed," she said zipping her lips.

"Okay good, don't tell Dustin, Mike or Nancy."

"Roger that Joyce," she said saluting her.

Luci gets pulled into another hug from Jane and Will.

"See ya tomorrow!"

Luci drives back home.

"I'm so happy that you're here Ita!"

"Me too, Mija," she says tapping her thigh.

"How's Dustin? Is doing good in school?"

"He's good. I don't if I told you he has a girlfriend."

"Suzie?"

"Yes! So I've told you?"

She nods her head, "They're still together?"

Luci hums in agreement as she pulls in her driveway.

"Lita!" Dustin yells from the porch as he walks.

He said excitedly, "Let me help you."

He loves his Lita since he never met his paternal's side neither has Luci, only her Abulea.Both of their fathers didn't want to be in the picture. But Luci's paternal  Abulea did, she was even more happy when her mom had another child. She said 'more children to spoil!' She's still mad at her son not wanting to be involved in Luci's life. 'That's his fault,' her Ita would say to her and to Dustin about their father's non-involvement.

"Such a cariño!" She said kissing him on cheek.

"He's gotten so much taller!" She said walking in the house.

"I'm almost as tall as Eddie."

"Who's Eddie?"

"A friend of his from school," Luci responded.

"Does he have family here?" Lita asked.

"Just an uncle he works a lot," Dustin said.

"No one should be alone on Christmas," Ita says to Dustin.

Her Ita always hated seeing people alone on the holidays. It happened to her a lot growing up and she never wanted to her family and her family's friends alone. But Luci can tell that Dustin looks up to Eddie and Steve. Steve gave him the confidence and not be afraid, Eddie showed him he can still be himself. In a world of Thessalhydras , be a bard.

Once Lita was settled in the guest room, they all sat together and watched ALF.
Even though, everyone watched and liked the show for some reason, Luci hated watching ALF he ate freaking cats!

Ita and her mom played some music, Luci brought out her record player so they can listen to Abulea's records.
Her favorite singer from her county is Celia Cruz. She has tons of records of her, she always brings them when she vists. The music is played loudly, they all dance to the music as they all helped prep and cook.
Once they were all settled at the table, Lita asked questions to both of her grandchildren.

"So Dustin, I wanna know more about this Eddie," she says.

"He's in Ana's year and he's runs a club called Hellfire. It's a D&D club."

Lita turns to Ana, "You know this boy?"

"Yes, Ita I know him we have a few classes together and he's nice. When I'm stuck on a shift, he drops off Dustin for me after their practices," she said tapping her Ita's hand reassuring her.

"I should meet him, I mean I know all of your friends."
"And he's dropping off my grandboy."

"Okay Lita, I'll invite him if he wants to come with us for Christmas dinner," Dustin says.

She claps her hands happily, "I can't wait to meet him!"

They all finished their food and headed to their rooms for bed. Luci heads to her room and finds Eddie listening to music and reading The Shining. Luci waves at him, "How long have you been here?"

Eddie takes off the headphones, "Not long, about 15 minutes."

Eddie heard their entire conversations. How Dustin will invite him to the Christmas dinner, and telling her grandma what he does. She didn't have to that right? Explain the nice things he does for Luci.
Luci climbs into bed, Eddie takes off the headphones and closes the book.

"You can still read it if you want, I'm not that tired yet, was gonna read a few chapters."

He nods his head and returns back to reading the book. Luci glances at Eddie, she smiles at him softly before reading her book too. As she's reading her book, Eddie stares at her for a moment. Luci feels Eddie's eyes on her, she tries not to look at him or she will get red in the face if not she already is. She feels his gaze away, focusing on her book. After reading a few chapters Luci let out a yawn, as does Eddie. He pulls her closer to him, reaches over and switches the light off.
He's never done that.

"Good night Eddie."

"Goodnight sweetheart."

He's never said that. He would say Clover or my name. He said Doll, that was one time-well three. Why am I counting? Eddie hasn't pulled me closer to him, he'll just wrap his arm around my waist. Huh. I think I'm overthinking again.

A/N

The 10th chapter! Thank you for 100+ views! Please vote and comment!
♥️