17

Luci and Eddie have been working all week studying on various subjects; Math, English,Science, and History. And today, Mrs. McDonnell had a pop quiz. Eddie felt very nervous about it.
Luci turns around behind her, "Just breathe in and out. If anything think of a happy place."

Luci gives him a reassuring smile which Eddie returns and thanks her.
He left nothing blank like he used to. His happy place was their first study group at Benny's diner. He never heard her laugh so loud. And he loved it. The class ended which having Mrs.McDonnell telling her class that she'll have the quiz graded in few days. Luci walks towards her locker, she sees a very happy Robin.

"Luci!"

A few people give her looks but she doesn't care, Robin catches her breath.

"She said yes."

"I knew she would!"

"I'll see you at lunch!"

Luci giggles at her best friend's excitement as she walks to her next class.
Lunch rolls by as Luci sees Robin waving her down to come sit by her and Vikki. Luci waves back as she walks to the table.
"Vikki! You remember Luci?"

"Oh right! Yeah we had English last year right?"

"Totally yeah,I remember you!" Vikki said as Luci sat across from them. Vikki and Luci talked for a while, Robin put her hands underneath her chin and watched her potential partner and best friend talk and laugh.The three of them all hanged out together during lunch and Vikki invited them both to a party on Friday. Luci and Robin parted ways as they went to class as did Vikki.

"You guys got along so well!"

"Yeah we did, she's nice."

"If you guys didn't get along-"

"What?"

"I wouldn't be with her."

"You're kidding?"

"No, I would hate having my best friend whose like a sister to me and my partner not liking each other."

"You would never have to do that."

"Why?"

"If you're happy and in love with someone, I would get along with that person, even if I didn't really like them because you're important to me and I love you.

Robin tears up from her best friend's words, she pulls her into a hug.

"You're important to me too and I love you too."

"Aw Robin, your mascara," Luci said looking at her face.

Luci pulls away and hands her a tissue. She looks into Luci's mirror from her locker and thanks her as the bell rings. Luci loops her arm into Robin's as they walk to class.

••

Since it was Luci's day off, it was her and Robin hanging out in her room.