23

☀️The California trip, part 1☀️

Luci and Dustin walk out from boarding, looking around for their Ita. Instead they find Jane holding a sign says Henderson. Dustin pulls at her hand and runs to the black lettering sign. He pulls away from Luci and takes Jane into a hug. Dustin sees Will and pulls him in a hug. Luci laughs at Dustin as she approaches them. Luci hugs Ita, then to Joyce.

"Jonathan!"

Luci turns around and sees Nancy hugging Jonathan, the kids hugging. They all walked out together, finding that Lenora Hills and Beauford was only 20 minutes away. Luci wanted to give her Ita a break and drove them back. Georgia was always excited to see her grandbabies but she could see that Luci's body language mirrors what she's feeling. She sees her granddaughter puts on a happy face for her brother as he walks quickly up the stairs to door.

••

Luci and Dustin have been settled in for a few hours,feeling bored due to rain.

Hawkins rains and snows all the time and we get to California it rains.

Ita left to go into the kitchen and she came out with hot chocolate. They said thank you, and the three watched TV together. Ita watched her favorite show, General Hospital.Luci laughs quietly to herself until Dustin spoke up,"Ana and Eddie watch a show like this."

Georgia looks over to her, "You do? What show?"

"St. Elsewhere."

"Just like your abulea and fa-"

"Like your abulea,"she chuckles as she corrects herself.

Did she mean father? He watches medical shows too? Does he live in California?

Luci tries to forget about her Ita said and watch the show. The jet lag got the best of her and fell asleep on the couch. Dustin and Georgia went to their rooms to let Luci sleep.

Two hours later

Luci wakes straight up looking around for the clock, 10:30. It would be too late to call. She plops back on the couch, sighing as she stares at the ceiling. But instead the phone rings, she scrambles to get up she answered it with a rushed response.

"How's California Lu Lu?"

Luci groans, "It's raining over here."

"Hoping to catch some sun?"

"Something, I packed for warm weather."

"Good thing when you weren't looking , I put a hoodie and some pants for ya."

"You did?"she said going to her room.
Luci opens her suitcase and finds it on the top there was two hoodies and pairs of jeans.

"Thank you Eds."

"I thought of it last minute when we talked about California the other night."

"Still thank you Eds."

"Its alright."

"Are we still on for tomorrow night?"

"Yeah! I can't wait for the next episode. It left us totally hanging!"

"I know right! Hold on I'm going to put on my hoodie."

Luci quickly pulls her hoodie over and lays on her bed.

"Okay, but it was not cool how they left it like that."
Luci looks at her watch, 11:30.

"It's really late for you Eds."

"It's late for you too."

"But not as late as 1:30."

"Okay, you win Lu Lu. But stay on the phone til I fall asleep?"

"But what do I do?"Luci chuckles.

"Talk about anything or read from your book."

"Let me get my book."

Luci hastily looks for her Salem's Lot book.

"I got it."

She hears some shuffling on Eddie's line and Luci begins to read, "Ben got an arm around Weasel's back, hooked a hand in his armpit,and lifted. For a moment his buttocks were pressed up against the tiled wall and he could feel the vibrations from the band. Weasel came up with the limp mail sack weight of utter unconsciousness. Matt slid his head under Weasel's other arm,hooked his own arm around Weasel's waist and they carried him out the door."

"There goes Weasel, someone said, there was laughter.
Dell ought to cut him off, Matt said, sounding out of breath. He knows how this always turns out.
They went thought the door into the foyer and then out onto the wooden steps leading down to the parking lot."

"Are you still there Eds?"

Luci hears light snores from Eddie's line and got her answer.

"Good night Eds."

The next chapter is part 2 of the California trip.
Vote and comment!
♥️