20

a/n: last chapter was a woozy, usually there's a disclaimer when that happens. I decided not to because I think it gives away what the topic or setting is. Racism is still a very relevant issue today. I mean, I think it would always will be sadly. But this a good one! :)
♥️

Eddie drives off angry as hell. He couldn't believe that his uncle said that. He didn't even see Luci as a person, he saw someone who didn't look white and shouldn't be hanging out with his nephew. Let alone tutoring him. Eddie parks near Gareth's house for band practice.

"Hungover Eddie?" Miles asked.

"No just pissed."

"What happened?"

"Found out that Wayne is a fucking racist!"

"What?"everyone said in unison.

"Yeah Luci stayed over to keep an eye on me and Wayne came home early and started being weird towards her. And asking her all these questions. She felt uncomfortable so she wanted to leave, she was still being nice to him and he just sat there completely ignoring her. Then he started saying some shit about not seeing her and to find another tutor. And I called him what he is."

"Wow,"Miles said.

"Me too."

"Me three."

"I know,"Eddie said sitting on an amp.

"I mean it makes sense," Miles said.

Eddie looks at him to continue, "He always looks at me and Phil funny. I just thought he didn't want more teenagers in small home."

"I can't believe I'm related to a racist."

••

Luci goes home and tries to changed but is found by Dustin. He looks at her with confusion then like a lightbulb switched on,"Where were you?"

"And those are not definitely Robin's clothes," he said pointing at the outfit of blue boxers and a Iron Maiden shirt.

Luci plops on the couch, "Okay I'll tell you but please don't be mad at me."

Dustin nods, "I don't think I could get mad at you sis."

"Eddie and I are in a cuddle pact. So means is that we sleep and cuddle together."

"Why?" Dustin questions.

"He was diagnosed with Insomnia, so one night, the night of the championship game we got drunk and-"

"Okay! I think I get it now."

"So who else knows?"

"Just you and Robin."

"Robin told me that she didn't know!"

"Wait what do you mean by that?"

"Oh shit,"Dustin muttered. He thought what he said would go over her head.

"Well when you were sick, I saw you and Eddie sleeping together."

"How long has it been going on?"

"3,4ish months."
••
Band practice ran longer which Phil, Miles and Gareth were okay with it. Usually they would mind but today was needed. Eddie kept thinking about how Luci was calm and collected. He initially thought that Wayne was trying to get to know her. But he was harsh towards her for no reason, then he said that insult. He wanted to punch Wayne for even thinking than let alone saying it.
It made Eddie more upset that Wayne only met her for 10 minutes then knowing Miles 10 years.He wonders what shit he thought of his best friend. Eddie takes his guitar off and leans it on an amp, "Did you feel uncomfortable while at my home?" He asked Phil and Miles.

"No."

"Not at all."

They all cleaned up and put away their stuff in Gareth's garage. Eddie starts his car, Miles walks up to his window, "Hey man, not many would approach someone especially like their family member. They would just brush it off. It's really appreciated that you're mad about it and wondered if we were okay in your house."

"You have been my longest friend, and it doesn't make sense to me why he's like that."

"Maybe he just tolerated me because I'm your best friend and tolerated Phil too when you become friends with him. It could be different because it's someone you're interested in."

Eddie scoffs, "I hate people."

"Ditto."

Miles and Eddie say goodbye as he drives away to Luci's house. On the way to Luci's he stopped by to visit his parents.

Hey mom and dad.

I found out today that Wayne is a racist.I don't know if you knew this or not but I'm pissed at him. You remember Luci? Well I went to a party and I got really drunk,so she drove me home and kept an eye on me. Her words were "something could have happened to you, you could've choked on your own vomit or something."
I made breakfast for the two of us, then Wayne came in which is a surprise he usually stays at the plant, working overtime. His whole body became stiff and he was pressing all these questions about her. Luci was calm and collected during the entire time, Luci excused herself and wanted to leave. She was even polite to say it was nice to you to Wayne. When she left, me and Wayne got into it. He was telling me that I shouldn't hang out with her and to get another tutor. I kept asking why and he said a racist insult towards Luci.
She's only person who is believing in me with school and with my music. She's been my inspiration lately. I even wrote some pieces of a song. I couldn't find anything that rhymes with Luci,so I used her middle name Georgia.
Georgia wrap me up all

I want you in my arms

Oh I used to say I would never fall in love until I found her.

That's what I got right now. I thought I would talk to you about something better than keep talking about Wayne being a racist. I gotta go, I love you and I'll see ya later.

Since it was late, he came in through the door. Luci turned her head when the doorknob moved, knowing it would Eddie.
"Hey,"she said from the couch.

Eddie sits next to her and grabs some popcorn and eats it.
"You okay?"

"Yeah,"he sighs eating popcorn.

"Dustin caught me wearing your clothes this morning, I told him."

Eddie puts his head on her shoulder, "Was he mad?"

"No actually, I was surprised that he didn't get upset."

"Huh, so no more crawling though the window."

"No more."