26

Dustin gasps for air as he's regaining consciousness. He looks around noticing that the Jeep is upside down. He looks at the broken windshield as tires skidding off to the other side of the road. He shakily looks over to see Luci who is unconscious. Dustin's eyes begin to water as tears begin to fall, "Oh shit Luci! Come on please wake up! Ana!  Wake up!," he pleaded. Luci's eyes slowly fluttered open, her eyes widening at where they are. She looks over at Dustin, his watery eyes already on her.

"You're awake!"

"Did I do this?"she questions with sadness and frustration.

"God no,someone hit us hard and I guess causing the car to flip."

Ana lifts her hand and presses on the car horn but no sound. She tries repeatedly but nothing.

"Goddamn it! It's not working!"

Luci sighs in defeat, "Are you hurt at all?"

"My arm hurts really bad."

Luci and Dustin started to scream for 'help'. Nothing. Luci thought to try again with the car horn. The car horn made sound. Ana and Dustin smiled and laughed happily as heard the car horn repeatedly. Luci stopped for a moment, she thought she heard a crunch from the glass.

"Here!"she said as she blew the horn once more.
The quicken pace of glass crunch and black boots and khaki pants crouched down to reveal Sheriff Callahan.
Sheriff Callahan takes a double look, "Luci? Dustin?"

"Sheriff Callahan," Ana said tiredly.

"How are you all feeling?"

"Like I got in a car accident."

"Hurts everywhere."

"Good you still have your sense of humor intact," he said to Dustin.

Callahan stands up and walks a few feet away from the car, he talks through his radio asking how long on the ETA of the ambulances.

"About 15 minutes Sheriff."

"About? Dispatch this is fucking Luci and Dustin Henderson in this damn accident!"

Callahan walks back to the damaged car and crouches down to talk to them.

"What happened?"

"Some asshole hit us and left," Dustin said angrily.

Luci stayed silent not wanting to scream because of the pain searing through her body. The three of them heard an engine noise huff to a stop. The sounds of sirens surrounding them causing Callahan and Dustin to sigh in relief. Callahan quickly walks to them and talks to them.

"These kids are like family to me. The oldest Luci has a open bone fracture on her leg,broken arm. And her brother Dustin has a broken arm."

"We'll get them out Callahan," Lieutenant Jackson reassured him.

Lieutenant Jackson and couple of his colleagues came to the damaged car, "Hi I'm Lieutenant Jackson-"

"Can you please get my brother out first? Not me him first please."
Dustin gives a pleading look but Luci doesn't see it.

Jackson looks at his colleague and gives a nod.

"Okay."

"Thank you."

"Sheriff Callahan knows you guys huh?"

"I'm his best friends with his niece."

"What's her name?"

"R-Robin."

"Are you in high school?"

"Y-Yeah, S-Senior year."