27

Two doctors in grey scrubs walked up to them.
"Family of Luci Henderson?"

Everyone stood up and nodded,Robin held onto Steve's arm tightly as the doctors were about to speak.
"There was some bleeding in her abdomen for her spleen which we have to remove and did a procedure called a Splenectomy. She did very well no complications," said Dr. Pierce.

"And we set her broken leg while in surgery. She had an open compound fracture. We set her Tibia and Fibula. And same here no compactions. She's in the ICU. We'll sent a nurse to bring you up to see her," Dr. Martt said.
Everyone said their 'thanks you's ' to the surgeons. They sat quietly until a nurse arrived to take them to Luci's room.

"Family of Luci Henderson?," a nurse asked.

The nurse gave Claudia a sad look, "I didn't know she was your kid. I'm sorry I didn't even-"

"It's okay, Lisa. What's her room number?"

"Oh right. Sorry it's 5247."

Claudia and the nurse walked together as Robin and Dustin trailed behind. Steve offered to stay behind to get Eddie once he gets there.

"Thanks Steve," Dustin thanked him.

The rest went off to the ICU, Steve sat back down looking aimlessly at the magazine until he hear Eddie talking to the nurse's desk.

"What do you mean I can't see her?"

Steve quickly got up and walked towards Eddie, "Im sorry nurse. Let's go Eddie."

Eddie muttered an apology towards the nurse as they walk away and towards the ICU.

"So what happened?" Eddie asked as they stepped in the elevator.

"Ana and Dustin got into a hit and run accident. Her car flipped into a ditch. She just got out of surgery, they repaired her leg and they did a procedure called a Splenectomy."

"That's when they take out the spleen."

The elevator dings signaling that they've reached to the floor. They walk to the ICU wing looking for her room. 5247. Her face had stitches and bandages, one side for body is blue and purple, her arm in a sling and her leg in a cast. Eddie takes a look at Dustin, him having similar injuries to Luci. Dustin mouths 'I'm okay'. Eddie slowly walks to Luci's bed taking in her sight.Frustration and sadness etched on his face. Memories of his parents in the hospital beds flooding back,he quickly walks out and finds a empty hallway and crouches down with his hands on his face. Dustin walks out and looks for Eddie. He looks at empty hallways calling out his name, "Eddie?"

He finds Eddie in a hallway and sits down next to him. Dustin puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "Do you need anything?"

Eddie removed his hands from his face and pinched his bridge of his nose, "No, I-I just no good memories here."

Dustin doesn't want to pry anymore, "I'm sorry, I get it hospitals aren't exactly happy."

Eddie nods his head in agreement.

"How are you holding up?"

"I'm scared for her. She's the best sister. I just want her to wake up. I don't get why she wanted me out first. She should've gotten out first.She always does that."

"Probably didn't want you to see her like that."

"Yeah, I hope she wakes up soon."

"Me too."

Eddie and Dustin sat in silence for a while, they both got up and walked back to her room. It was the same nurse who guided them to the room. The nurse turns around and tells them where everyone went.