29

*two weeks since the hospital*

Ana is back home with crutches as she walks around the house aimlessly still trying to get use to the crutches. Robin, Eddie and Dustin are at school and they hated leaving her alone but she insisted that she would be okay. She hates feeling like this, helpless and a bother. She tries not to think about it but having to ask for things, it just-feels weird. She's able to do things it just that damn cast on her leg and it's pushing her. Ana has to use the restroom she's got a routine done for it. As she sits on the edge of the tub pulling up her pants, trips on the pant leg causing her to fall hitting her casted leg on side of the tub.
"Fuck!"she cried.

Tears roll down frustrated by what happened.

"Such a simple thing to do," she softly told herself.

Pain seared through her casted leg. Causing her to curse more and more tears falling on her face. She heard front door close hearing Steve's voice call out her name.

"Luci?!"

"In here!"

Steve follows her voice that led him to the bathroom. He knocks,  "Are you okay?"

"No,"she said weakly not wanting tears to fall more.

Steve gets anxious, "I'm coming in."

He opens the door and sees Ana's tear stained face, and her on the ground. His face softens at the sight of her,"C'mon," he says lifting her up bridal style and being extra cautious with her casted leg.

"Thank you."
He sets her down on the couch and walks back to bathroom to grab the crutches. Steve sits next to her and she puts her head on his shoulder and sighs.
"I hate this."

Steve wraps his arm around her shoulders, rubs hers shoulder reassuringly, "I know. But you're lucky you have a best friend who sets aside all your favorite movies at the video store he works at."

He walks to the plastic bag that was on the table, he gives Ana the bag while he makes popcorn.
"You better not grab those crutches Ana!"he shouted from the kitchen.

She groans in defeat which caused Steve to laugh.
Steve comes out with a bowl of popcorn as he sets it down and brings out a bag of candy. He shuffled through the candy finds her favorite, Peanut M&Ms.

"Thanks Steve,you didn't have to do all this."

He playfully rolls his eyes, "Of course I did, Ana. Think of it as a thank you for being there for me when I needed it."
"Okay,"she said feeling slightly better.

"Find a movie?"he asks.

"Yeah, Grease."

2 movie lengths later..

After watching Grease and Xandu , both of them passed out;Steve sitting with his head up on the couch and Ana's legs propped on his thighs. She woke up slightly because of her being picked up from Eddie, she cuddled closer to his chest while his heart swelled at her reaction. Once he pulled the covers over her, he quietly walks off to see if Steve was still asleep. And he was, Eddie grabbed the blanket from the couch and covered him with the blanket. He walks back to her room and finds her awake sitting up.

"Hey Lu."
"Hi Eds," she yawns.
"You feelin' tired still?"

She shakes her head no. He sits on the edge of the bed and takes off his sneakers. He turns to see her face deep in thought. He crawls to her, "What are you thinkin' bout?"
"Lu?"

She sees how close he is to her and her faces blushes. "Huh?Its nothing."
His head cocked sideways as he looks at her, " You looked pretty deep in thought. You can tell me."

"It's just- It was this dream I had. After my surgery. I think you were talking to Dustin-"
"You heard that?"

She nods her head. "Yeah, so I wasn't dreaming?"

He shakes his hand. "No."

"I thought you didn't hear me."

"No, I did I just thought it was a dream" she admits.

" A good dream I hope,"he chuckles.
"A good dream." Ana confirms.

"Can I kiss you?" he asks.

She nods her head yes, he softly grabs her face and pulls her in for a kiss. It sweet and gentle. He pulls away adding a peck on her lips, "You're mine?"
Ana smiles at him and pecks him on the lips, "I'm yours."

Yay! They finally got together! Comment and vote
♥️