Chapter Four

"Well... this is a strange question Rubble." Zuma said.

"No pups, him need to know." Marshall said at all pups.

"It is not a good idea pups, if Ryder found out he would be very angry with us." Chase said imagining Ryder would yell at them if he found out.

"Rubble if you want to know, you need to promise that you won't tell anyone." Skye said at Rubble watch him in the eyes.

"I promise." Rubble said raising his paw as a sign of loyalty.

The pups sat down in front of Rubble, Chase started talking, because he was the only one who knew the story by heart.

Flashback

More than two years ago Ryder and I were in the lookout playing hide and seek...

"Hidden or not I'm coming for you Chase!" The Young Ryder said giggling.

Young Ryder started looking for the young German Shepherd, Ryder searched among the dusty, open boxes, but nothing, then he went to the kitchen and looked behind large, heavy furniture, but there was no sign of the shepherd.

So he decided to go to the living room, because it was the only place left to look for Chase. Ryder knew that the young pastor would never go upstairs without him.

"Where are you Chase?" Ryder said laughing.

But Ryder as he was walking did not notice the remote control that had fallen on the floor and slipped on it, I heard the thud and came out of my hiding place behind the television to see if he was fine.

"Ryder are you ok?" The young Chase asked worried for his owner.

"Yes im okay Chase, the pillows with which we built the fort cushioned my fall." The young Ryder said stroking the shepard.

Ryder accidentally turned on the TV as he tripped over the remote control, and the news report was terrible for both of them.

It is with sadness that we announce the deaths of Henry and Olivia Zackary, who were killed today at 2:05pm by unknown persons, it is believed that they were killed for their complicity with Adventure City law enforcement in helping them build new weapons and technology to help law enforcement keep the city safer.

We were both shocked by the news, Ryder started to cry and from then on we promised never to speak about it again and to keep it a secret, but anyway Ryder told a few trusted people and the rest of the pups.

End of the flashback

When Chase finished telling the story, tears flowed from sadness, even though it had been years since that event Chase and Ryder were still feeling the effects.

"This is a very sad story, i'm sorry for you two." Rubble said, lowering his ears.

"Dont worry, not is your fault." Marshall said, stroking Rubble's head.

"Have the culprits been discovered?" Rubble asked.

"No, but the Adventure City police never closed the case." Chase said.

Suddenly Chase and Rocky's collars rang.

"Rocky, Chase i need you two to come to Mr Porter's restaurant as soon as possible." Ryder said.

"Chase is on the case!"

"Green means go!"

Chase and Rocky quickly arrived at Porter's Restaurant, waiting for them were the mayor, Ryder and Mr Porter himself.

"Hello Mr. Porter, hello Mayor Goodway." Chase and Rocky said.

"So, what is the problem Ryder?" Chase asked.

"Someone sneaked into my kitchen while I was out of town and ate half my sausages." Mr. porter said.

"So, you calles us to reordinate your kitchen, Mr. Porter?" Rocky asked.

"Yes, and for investigate on the sausage thief."

"Alright pups, Rocky help Mr Porter tidy up his kitchen, Chase you will help me investigate and figure out who did it." Ryder ordered.

"Ryder you have checked the cameras?" Chase asked.

"Yes but the files were corrupted by a short circuit that occurred a few hours ago." Ryder explained.

Chase began sniffing around, smelling sausage mixed with slime and a terrible, garbage-like stench. 
He went around the block but the smell and the small dirt tracks left by the thief led into the woods near Adventure Bay so Chase went back to report the findings to Ryder.

"Ryder, i have smelled something, and the smell goes in the woods near Adventure Bay."

"Good pup. Never go near the forest, there are wolves and it is dangerous if you are not careful." Ryder said.

"Ryder i have finished whit the kitchen." Rocky said putting his clamp in place.

"Have a treat you have earned it." Mr. Porter said giving dog treats to Rocky and Chase.

"Thank you Mr. Porter." Rocky and Chase said.

"So do we know who did it?" Mayor Goodway asked.

"No but we have some clues." Chase said.

"The thief of sausage is a young dog because he left little dirty footprints in the kitchen." Rocky explained.

"And this dog took the loot into the woods." Chase said.

"This dog can be a wolf pup or a small dog similiar to a chihuahua or other breeds." Ryder supposed. 

"I have a idea of who might have been." A strange person said.

To be continued

|By -TheEmpereor-|