Chapter Thirteen

Ryder's POV:

Like every morning I woke up in my comfortable bed, got dressed and opened the window to let in some fresh air. I headed for the kitchen to have breakfast and to prepare breakfast for my pups. Once I had finished my breakfast I grabbed the wastebasket and took it outside.

When I passed Rocky and Zuma's bunks I was pleased to see that they were fast asleep. Finally I walked past Skye's kennel, to see that she too was fast asleep, I was surprised not to see Rubble with her, but I thought that the puppy had moved into a hidden position.

Before I passed Chase's kennel, I noticed that there was a spray can-like object on the ground, dark green in colour, but when I approached it and read the writing on it I was startled, as was my nature I dropped the trash can, knocking it to the ground.

Like a normal human I reacted by picking up the canister and walking towards Skye's puphouse  as the mysterious object was in front of her puphouse. I started tapping to get her to wake up but nothing, so i started shaking her. 

What I did worked, she woke up and asked me why I was shaking her, so I told her what I had found on the floor. 

Narrator's POV

Skye understood what Ryder meant, and once Ryder had finished explaining she looked for Rubble to make sure he was fine but found him neither beside her nor in the puphouse

"Calm down Skye, probably he is in Chase's puphouse." He said to try to calm the pup.

The two walked quickly to Chase's kennel and after some shaking managed to wake him up but there was no sign of Rubble.

"Ryder, where is Rubble?" Chase asked.

"I don't know, Chase." Ryder said.

Skye woke all the other pups and checked their puphouses, but once again there was no sign of the Bulldog. Skye was desperate and began to blame herself for losing Rubble. Then Ryder called the pups to the mission room to discuss the situation.

The pups hurriedly entered the lift and climbed to the top, also hurrying to put on their gear. Once in the mission room, the pups lined up and Chase said his iconic line.

"Paw Patrol ready for action Ryder sir!"

"Thanks for hurry pups, we know already the problem. Before woke up Skye, I have founded this object, and after some researches I founded that this object is a gas that is used to make people fall asleep, my guess is that someone may have used this gas to make you fall asleep and take Rubble." Ryder said.

"Who could have ever done such a thing to such a defenceless puppy?" Marshall said with a sad tone.

"We need to found him and bring back here." Rocky said.

"Ryder, you have tried to check the cameras?" Zuma asked.

"No, good idea Zuma. I check it immediatly."

Ryder opened the watch's security system and opened the video files. When Ryder saw last night's recording, he shivered down his spine. Even the pups were scared when they saw that footage.

In the recording you could see the object that then emitted the gas that made the pups fall asleep and a man who took Rubble away with him.
When the recording was finished no one could say anything, the man was scary just to hear about him, but they knew that Rubble had to be saved as soon as possible.

"What we do now Ryder?" Chase asked.

"We need to track Rubble and warning the local police. Now let me call the Mayor for inform her of this situation." Ryder said.