Chapter Eleven

The sun and its rays radiating heat towards the ground rose above Adventure Bay.

On that hot day, two dogs stood under a tree to shelter from the sun's rays. Under the tree branches were a German Shepherd and a Cocker Spaniel who were talking. 

"This is very complicated." The Cocker Spaniel said.

"I know Skye. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to think in this moment." The Sheperd said.

"We need to talk to Ryder for this."

"Yes, but if he didn't help us? What if he reacts badly or even violently?"

"Don't worry Chase. I am sure he will understand. And I'm sure we will find a solution, together." This made the Shepherd blush, but he knew he could count on Skye in his time of need.

"Thanks Skye, let's go to Ryder." 

The two dogs entered the lookout and climbed to the top, when they arrived they found their master struggling with an electronic instrument.

"Hi pups, what's up?"

"Hello Ryder sir." Chase said with nervousness.

"We need to talk with you about something of real importance." Skye said.

"Okay, sit here. What you need to talk?" One part of Ryder was worried about what the two dogs might tell him but the other part thought that the two dogs would tell him something he had been expecting to hear for a long time.

"Not is easy to tell to you but..." Skye said.

Ryder believed his assumptions were correct, he was excited to hear those words coming out of their mouths. "Yes?" Ryder said.

"Rubble regards us as his parents." Chase finished.

The boy was shaken by this news, he had expected something else even though this news was not far from what he had thought, in fact he could relate.

"Let me get this straight, Rubble considers you as his parents?" The two dogs nodded. "Okay, and what you two think about this?"

"We don't know Ryder, We would not even know how to handle a puppy, imagine being a parent." Skye said.

"And you Chase?"

"I am in the grip of mixed feelings, on the one hand I feel responsible for Rubble but at the same time I don't think it is fair to him."

"I understand, but if we see the situation from another point of view, you also favoured this event." Ryder said.

"How?" The two dogs said.

"The way you behaved with him, the way you two cared for him, and also you two are the dogs who spent the most time with him, so it is normal that he started to develop a special feeling for you two."

Chase and Skye were impressed by their ownerr's words, they had never thought about it. And although the truth was hard to accept, they knew he was right.

After the Ryder's word skye strarted to go in panic. "But I am not ready for such a commitment, and if I make a mistake, if-" Skye said before to be stopped.

Ryder hugged his two pups and closed his eyes. 
"It seems like yesterday since I found you, now you have grown a lot. But remember that whatever you want to do, you can do it, together, and also counting on my help." The boy said, dropping a few tears.

"Ryder, don't cry. We all love you a world of good, and we are grateful to you for saving us." Chase said.

"Thank you Chase. I am sure that whatever decision you make with Rubble, you will always be good parents." This made the two blushes, so they broke away from the embrace and returned to their seats.