Chapter Eight

Storm winds had arrived at Adventure Bay, pitch-black, rain-laden clouds just waiting for the first flash of lightning to dump all their rain on the ground.
The wind was blowing at considerable speed, and light objects such as plastic chairs flew away like a runaway train.

Captain Turbot, who was at the time on Lighthouse Island a few kilometres off Adventure Bay, described the scene of the storm in his diary.

I was awakened by a loud roar, and immediately realised that it was going to pour, the sky was covered by a bank of clouds that were about to unleash their wrath on the poor people of this world. 
The stormy sea had waves almost a four meters high, any small boat if it had been there would have been swallowed up by the waves and its crew would never have returned home.
The storm scared me, it was one of the strongest I had ever seen in my life and I feared it could last for days leaving me stranded here on the island.

Rubble's POV:

I was sleeping in my pup house,  I like my kennel because it is comfortable and warm, in fact I don't suffer from the cold like I did when i slept outside.
My sleep continued until it was interrupted by a series of lightning bolts, I looked at the white light coming from outside and i was frightened, then the rain began to fall incessantly and the wind began to blow very hard, the noise caused by this storm was very annoying and i couldn't close my eyes because i was frightened and because of the noise.

I tried several times to fall back asleep but could not. Then a bolt of lightning fell not too far from the lookout and there my fear got the better of me.
I got out of my pup house, shivering and crying, under the cold rain and incessant wind, and ran towards the pup house of the one I trusted most, that was Chase, in fact he had slept with all last night and I felt safe with him.

Chase's POV

I was sleeping in my puphouse, I was having a dream about me and Skye, we were on a hill with beautiful flowers and we were having a picnic.

"Chase... I love you" Skye said.

"I love you too Skye." Chase said issuing some words in the real world.

Then we got closer and almost kissed until i heard a series of knocks on my pup house door.

I woke up but I was still half asleep so I couldn't find the light switch to see where the door switch was.
At the end I founded it and I opened my door, thinking about who might be at that time of night.

When the door opened I found a cold and frightened little Rubble in front of me, I was shocked to see such a scene and immediately let him in.

Rubble was frightened and wet, I took a piece of cloth and rubbed it on his fur, this partly calmed him down, so I decided to talk to him. In fact Ryder used this trick when I was little, to calm me down.
"Calm Rubble, is all fine." I said whit a smile. "Now you are safe here, nothing can hurt you." 

Narrator's POV:

Rubble was scared but he was shaking less, so I decided to let him talk and in the process calm him down.
"You can tell what happened if you want." I said resting his head on my chest and starting to caress it."

The Bulldog although frightened decided to tell him what had happened as he trusted Chase even though they had never had deep conversations.
"I-i was woke up by a lighting, the last time I slept through a storm, I had slept outside and in the cold. That's why I'm afraid of thunderstorms." Rubble said this sobbing and crying.

"I understand Rubble, when I was young I had the fearless of storm too, I slept whit Ryder when were the storms and this helped me at defeat my fearless for that." Chase said whit calm tone continuing to caress Rubble.