Chapter Six

"Why is all dark?" Rubble said terrified of the dark.

"Calm down pups, the light is out. We need to wait for the light to come back." Ryder said for reassure his pups.

"I can't see nothing." Rocky said frustated because the only can see is the dark.

"Ouch! Who have stepped on my paw?" Zuma said.

"Sorry Zuma, i don't know where i'm going." Rocky apologized.

"Pups avoid moving, you might stumble on some object and get hurt, now I'm going to cautiously look for a flashlight." Ryder said starting to move at small step in direction of the kitchen.

Chase P.O.V.

When I heard Ryder's words, I realized it would take a eternity for him to reach the torch and light us up to see something in this dark living room. So I lay on the floor and I waited, but my ears heard a strange noise, a kind of faint flicker along with a cry.

I got up and I approached that sound, now that my eyes had become accustomed to the dark and I discovered that it was Rubble making those sounds, in fact Bulldog's puppy was curled up on the floor.

As of instinct I lay next to him, I don't know what was wrong with me but it came naturally to me. Rubble feeling my presence calmed down and fell asleep, I was happy to have helped little Rubble, maybe he had not yet defeated the fear of the dark.

This happiness turned into a feeling that I had never felt before, I felt good, happy, with low heartbeats and something in my stomach, but it wasn't love butterflies, it was something else, something new.

Rubble P.O.V.

The Dark, the darkness, scared me a lot.
I started to tremble and cry because it reminded me of my past. I tried to make as little noise as possible because even though I was a little puppy I didn't want to show weakness to the rest of the team.

I curled up and continued to cry, I began to have memories of my past. Flashback came back to me. Then i feel a presence near me, which also emitted warmth that calmed me, i was fine near him even if I didn't know who he was, then I fell asleep feeling safe.

Ryder P.O.V.

After many minutes i reached the kitchen, i opened the door  and i entered in it, i feeled a bit cold because the temperature was low than the other rooms of the lookout.
I began to search in the drawer but what I found were only cutlery used only by me and rarely by some guests

After sifting through the kitchen for a few minutes I found the torch in a drawer where there were spices that Mr Porter had given me to make the food tastier. 

I took the torch in my hand and pressed on the ignition button but it did not turn on, at first i tried to repress the button several times, i also tried to carefully slam the battery on my hand to try to turn it on but nothing, did not want to know to turn on.

I didn't get discouraged, i checked if there were batteries inside, i found them but i realized that they were empty and so i thought about where to find new batteries for my flashlight.

Think, when i can find some batteries...  of course! The garage!

So I walked to the exit next to the kitchen and I opened the door by leveraging a metal rod that i had to use to create a vehicle component.

I opened the door and walked to the garage. Once out i observed that the sun was setting and that the city was in darkness but this time it was not up to us to solve the problem.

End of the Ryder P.O.V.

"Pups where you think Ryder went?" Zuma said worried for the safety of his owner.

"I don't know Zuma, It's been ten minutes since he went looking for the flashlight." Rocky answered.

"I think he's all right, he's the bravest human i know." Marshall said whit pride.

"What do you think caused the blackout?" Skye asked.

"I don't know, probably a problem on the power grid." Rocky answered.

"So what do we do now?" Zuma asked for know.

"Ryder said to don't move but i don't want do stand here for the nest hour." Skye said.

"We can search Ryder for give him some help." Marshall propose.

"Yeah good idea Marshall." Zuma said.

"But we don't know where is went, right?" Skye said.

"He went to the kitchen, so let's reach him." Rocky said.

"But pups, where are Chase and Rubble?" Marshall asked.

"Let's look for them before start to look fo Ryder." Zuma said.

After some time Rocky founded the two pups.

"Ptss guys, here. But don't make any noise." Rocky said whit low voice.

"Aww they are cute togheter." Skye said. Her crush was sleeping with Rubble, who knows if one day she and Chase can sleep together as Chase and Rubble are now doing.

"Emh Skye? Are you here?" Zuma said.

"Emh what? Yes i'm here." Skye said embarassed and blushing.

"Skye one day you need to tell your feelings at him." Zuma said whit a smile.

"But what if he dosen't feel the same?" Skye said worried.

"You'll never know if you don't try." Marshall said.

"Let them sleep and go find Ryder." Zuma said.

"You don't need to look for me." Ryder said.

"Ryder are you here!" The four dogs said whit joy.

"Yes and i have the torch." Ryder said before to took it.

"No Ryder don't turn on the flashlight." Skye said.

"Why not?" Ryder asked confused.

The four dogs indicate Chase and Rubble who were sleeping.

"I think Chase is developing something, something that i miss." Ryder said whit a mix of joy and sadness.

"Pups, let them sleep, let's go to the park, and when we get back, I'll make you dinner." 

Chase P.O.V.

I opened my eyes, i checked Rubble and him was okay, i smiled at this because i imaginated me and Skye whit Rubble or whit our pups, but i dont know if her feel something  for me.
g
I got up and made sure that Rubble didn't notice and walked to the kitchen door that let a faint light through the cracks.

"Good evening sleepy head, have you rest good?" Ryder asked.

"Yes, thanks Ryder, what's hour is it?" Chase asked.

"Its almost the nine, you have slept almost four hours." Ryder said giving a bowl of dog food at Chase.

"Where are the others?" Chase asked.

"They are in they're puphouse." Ryder said.

"You have found the flshlight?" Chase asked.

"Yes, and how you can see, the blackout it's resolved." Ryder said.

"Chase, how you feel whit Rubble?" Ryder asked.

"I feel something strange, new and good at the same time. I don't know what is it but i like it." Chase answered. 

"You know what is it Ryder?"

"Maybe, woah you have finished the dinner fast." Ryder said amazed.

"Yes, i had hungry, so what are you going to do now?" Chase asked.

"I'm going to sleep, you can do what you want but don't make loudly noises, understoot?"

"Yes Ryder."

To be continued

|By -The Empereor-|